Favorite Drummers

i think I WAS FUCKIN JOKING AND U GUYS GOT ME TOTALLY WRONG! and then.. I'm the one who does not know the word "sarcasm".. and.. requiem.. yeah that was an unknown word for me there.. the ubi-something.. i don't even remember.. i hope it was not on purpose :) but ok i got the point..

Originally posted by Wolff

Holier than thou...,
bu the prob is that I don't believe in the bible.

it doesn't matter.. u will be judged anyway.. and it's got nothing to do with gods or something.. it's real shit :) u labelled me.. i'll label u :p
so ok.. u've listened to MetallicA.. that's a relief :)

As every day passes I find that I'm appreciating and enjoying Anders Nordin's style more and more. He's quickly (if not already) becoming my favorite drummer. I absolutely love the production on the drums on Orchid and Morningrise, so I imagine that helps (all hail to Swano!).

I don't really think Ulrich was ever that great a drummer. "Ooo, the intro to Motorbreath...". Big fucking deal. There are way better drummers out there. Speaking of good drummers, has the new Emperor cd changed your views on Trym..?

:cry:
Bla Lars is the worst drummer ever. It just pain sucks its so simplistic, so easy, so little imagination, so predictable. I not only not like his drumming i actually DISLIKE it at some points

And stop it please...Hoglan its fucking asome but Richard Christy murders him on his own game: Being even Better at a band that has seen amazing drummers. Also Everyone diminishes Sean Reinert when it comes to Death. While human certainly had its confines in drumming cynic, aghora, gordian knot...its just amazing drumming. I hate Death fans that are Dead set at thinking gene its the best drummer ever he is NOT!:heh:

Originally posted by TheMindzI

it doesn't matter.. u will be judged anyway.. and it's got nothing to do with gods or something.. it's real shit :) u labelled me.. i'll label u :p
so ok.. u've listened to MetallicA.. that's a relief :)

Yeah, I've listened to Metallica (they're from SF, you know). Why would I suggest Lars as a good drummer otherwise? Anyway, nice of you to finally pick that up.:p

In addition Ulrich shares credit with Hetfield in every single Metallica song, so I rate that very highly:)

Originally posted by Misanthrope

Also Everyone diminishes Sean Reinert when it comes to Death. While human certainly had its confines in drumming cynic, aghora, gordian knot...its just amazing drumming.

Whow, I can't believe I ACTUALLY FORGOT Sean!! Indeed AGHORA is great! The other Sean is godly too (the bass player)
BTW, has anybody heard the mind-blowing bass-playing of Michael Manring?? (I know it's about drummers here, but what the heck...)

Ok I've had just about enough of the Wolff-MindzI thing. What is the big fucking deal? First of all I think I can speak for everyone and say we have all heard Metallica. If you haven't, then please tell how long you have been living under that rock of yours. I promptly demand an explanation.

Jeff Sipe would be my favorite.

And I don't think I've seen Terry Bozzio OR Carl Palmer listed so far. Jebus.

Originally posted by Ihsahn
Ok I've had just about enough of the Wolff-MindzI thing. What is the big fucking deal? First of all I think I can speak for everyone and say we have all heard Metallica. If you haven't, then please tell how long you have been living under that rock of yours. I promptly demand an explanation.

If you don't like to read something... then fucking DON'T.
How's that for a fucking explanantion?

Who the fuck are you anyway?

So far the most inventive drummer I've heard was Daniel Denis (Univers Zero). Technical, but he doesn't show off, and a prime example how you can play drums really *dark*.

D Mullholand
-----------------------
NP: Miles Davis - My Funny Valentine