Favourite metal drummers?

Well, my all-time faves are Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden) and Igor Cavalera.

I wonder why no-one mentioned Nicko earlier? He's amazing, although his age begins to show a little these days. I believe there's no-one who can do those fast double-kick style runs like Nicko does.

Ach, almost forgot: Jeff Singer (BLAZE, ex-Kill to This) is excellent too.

Did someone mention Pete 'Commando' Sandoval. I didn't notice!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither did I, now I'm ashamed of you all!

*cough* Hmm, maybe you better read my second posting...

Kay........."hes got the snare and toms triggered it sounds like hes playing fast as fuck but hes fucking cheating his arse off! ".....what the fuck do you know about triggers ??? Nick Barker uses triggers as well....and its not cheating....it has the same dificulty...the only difference is that with the double bass triggered you get the same sound everytime no mather what strenght you use on the pedals..

QUOTE:
Kay........."hes got the snare and toms triggered it sounds like hes playing fast as fuck but hes fucking cheating his arse off! ".....what the fuck do you know about triggers ??? Nick Barker uses triggers as well....and its not cheating....it has the same dificulty...the only difference is that with the double bass triggered you get the same sound everytime no mather what strenght you use on the pedals..

Ok, I know what triggers are dickless, I didn't say using triggers is cheating, triggers are awesome. I said on Mayhems new vid/dvd when he does the really fast fills he uses 'double strokes'
instead of single strokes, so therefore hes not hitting every single note that you can hear. So what the fuck do you know about drumming if you don't even know what a double stroke is?
I'll try to explain fo you:
Its where you strike the drum head and let the stick bouce a second time after the initial hit. And if done correctly and fast it creates the effect that you are playing very, very fast.
And LIKE I WAS SAYING, because Hellhammer has his toms and snare triggered when he does double stroke rolls it apears that he is doing really fast fills when hes not.
Do you understand???
Triggers are awesome, and its not cheating to use them. If you still don't understand what I meant then don't worry about it, you never will.

- Gene Hoglan (Death)
- Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)
- Horgh (Immortal)
- Trym (Emperor)
- Faust (ex-Emperor)
- Tjodalv (ex-Dimmu Borgir)
- Paul Bostaph (Slayer)
- Anders Jivarp (Dark Tranquillity)
- Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

Raymond Herrera is a human drum machine, but my vote goes to the guy from Desecration (Welsh DTHFKNMTL) Listen to him on 'Death you'll face' from the second album. Now that's drumming.... I can't remember his name.

Not a trigger in sight, as far as I know...

The best drummer in the world... in my opinion.... the drummer from aussies, Damaged...
the guy is fucking awesome, especially on their latest album, Purified in Pain, he just drums like noone else....

I'm gonna to appologise kay...cause i didnt initialy understood his english (thats because i suck at english)...i just thought you ment triggering is cheating...and you didnt had to waste your typing on that explanation cause i knew already...i just didnt understood what you ment...

I like pretty much hellhammer and from non metal drummers i would say dennis chambers i saw him in a show here in chile last year and he was amazing and i were more amazed if mayhem could come too.

is there any metal drummers that dont uses triggers/triggering(i dont know how to write it)?

My favorite metal drummers are:
Jaska Raatikainen (COB)
Nick Barker (Dimmu Borgir)
Daniel Erlandsson (Arch Enemy)
Daniel Svensson (In Flames)
Björn Gelotte (previous In Flames)
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

Je.