Favorite Drummers

Originally posted by TheMindzI
Never listened to MetallicA??? whatever.. I think you should just get a life..

Um, I think he was joking... Don't they have sarcasm in Greece?

Since I'm too tired to list all the jazz greats I'll limit it to metal drummers:
Daniel Svennson - In Flames
Pete Sandoval - Morbid Angel
Pete Hammoura - Nile
Danny Carey - Tool
Henry Ranta -Soilwork
Igor Cavalera - Sepultura (Up to Roots)
All drummers for Refused
Tomas Haake - Meshuggah ----> bet you wish he was on your list now!!
Thim Blom -Gardenian
Abe Cunningham - Deftones
Kenneth Schalk - Candiria

Pleasure doing business with you...

Originally posted by requiem

Um, I think he was joking... Don't they have sarcasm in Greece?

ok chill out.. I wasn't being serious either myself.. I just hate it when they make such comments about Metz.. and Greece's got nothing to do with it.. anyway, no harm done :)

seems you forgot tomas haake from meshuggah. ok, he's not the very fastest of them all... but the strange time signatures are worth listening to indeed.
when it comes to speed well there's only hoglan and barker

s

yeah, i know. but apart from that, he's the fastest. this didn't mean that's the only thing he does well... but check out meshuggah if you don't already know some stuff. that's the most weired drumming _i_ ever listened to.

btw.. isn't "sarcasm" a greek word? hmmm.. i think u should reconsider.. :)

Ancient Greek word. Do you speak it?
Anyway, I said I liked early Ulrich, so you could deduce that I have heard Metallica rather enugh to distinguish btw 2 periods.

Is "deduce" a Greek word?

I think Ulrich sucks (but who am I), but did his best work on Justice! I actually witnessed Hetfield getting pissed on Lars because he was playing crappy at a show here a couple years ago(during the 'black' period)

Oh, and I can't believe nobody mentioned Thomas Haake from Meshuggah!! The guy must have a mind in each seperate limb!!! Unbelievable!! Morgan Agren (the drum on Special Defects) is the same thing!! He must have puppeteers on each hand and foot!!
Add Mike Portnoy, Ed Warby, Gene Hoglan, and it's orgasm time for me!! Can someone hand me some cleenex please??:hotjump:

ahem. well there was somebody mentioning tomas haake and meshuggah... the latest precisely 3 posts away from yours :D
but you're right nonetheless

Originally posted by Cainite
I think Ulrich sucks (but who am I), but did his best work on Justice! I actually witnessed Hetfield getting pissed on Lars because he was playing crappy at a show here a couple years ago(during the 'black' period)

I've witnessed Jaymz getting pissed at Lars for all the things he said during the Napster shit. Lars def. stepped out of line, and lost a lot during that battle.

He was a good drummer nevertheless. I contend his best work is in MOP and Orion. Not fast, but very intricate indeed.

Originally posted by Wolff

Ancient Greek word. Do you speak it?
Anyway, I said I liked early Ulrich, so you could deduce that I have heard Metallica rather enugh to distinguish btw 2 periods.

Is "deduce" a Greek word?

no it's not.. and I don't think I can speak ancient greek.. but I can understand most of it..
anyway.. to end it here.. Lars is not the best drummer out there.. not even on the top 10 :) but he was good enough for a thrash/speed/whatever band and he still is.. and blah blah blah.. I've said it all before.. I like his style.. I like his ideas.. I like his drumming on EVERY album.. (no doubt AJFA has some great progressive-like drumming and I love it).. so "judge not lest ye be judged yourself.."

btw.. isn't "sarcasm" a greek word? hmmm.. i think u should reconsider.. :)

Perhaps 'sarcasm' is a Greek word, but it appears the concept is not as ubiquitous as it once was....

"judge not lest ye be judged yourself.."

Holier than thou...,
bu the prob is that I don't believe in the bible.