New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2001
Tasmania, Australia
Visit site
Some of my favourite metal drummers are:
Nick Barker (dimmu borgir)
Trym(zyklon, emperor)
Tony Laurano(nile, ex-angel corpse)
Derek Roddy(recorded last nile album, various other bands)
Gene Hoglan(ex-death, various other bands)
Jaska(bodom of course lol)
Tjodalv(susperia, ex-dimmu borgir)
Flo Mounier(cryptopsy)
Kevin Talley(misery index, ex-dying fetus)
Dave Haley(psycroptic)

well I could go on and on but I think that will do ;)

But the best drummer in the WHOLE WORLD is Virgil Donati,
no question there lol

I wonder why nobody mentioned Mayhem's Hellhammer. He is a god.
Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater rules, too.

Damn, I forgot to put Henry Ranta in the original post lol
hes fucking sick.
Mike Portnoy is also one of my favourite drummers, I love Dream Theatre.
Fuck, you drummers out there should check out an Australian band called Psycroptic, the drummer is really fucking good.
A good song to get would be 'carnival of vulgarity'.
They are pretty death metaly so if your not into that you might not enjoy it that much.
Anyways, lol.

I must add Dave Lombardo (everybody knows him) and Pete Sandoval from Morbid Angel (if you heard his drumming on the last Morbid Angel album you know what I'm talking about).
Last but not least there is Horgh from Immortal. Just listen to his drum solo and you'll understand: Horgh's incredible drum solo

First off: Nick Barker isnt that good!! Silenoz said in an interview, that he couldnt perform all the songs on the new album on stage! I think hellhammer is the best blackmetal drummer ever! Just watch the mayhem live dvd!!
Then we have Mike Portnoy which is probably the best drummer i can think of..
And why hasnt anyone mentioned Raymond Herrera? He`s also exelent!
And ofc. Jaska

Nicholas Barker is an amazing drummer! I saw him live, I can assure you he really IS that good! :headbang:
Trym from Emperor is also impossible... If you ever have the chance, watch the live dvd of the Emperial Live Ceremony, that guy is a fucking machine! :eek:
Igor Cavalera from Sepultura also is a very good drummer, as are Jaska (CoB, duh) and Jukka from Nightwish...
And then, ofcourse, you have the non-metal drummers... Dave Weckl, Terry Bozzio, Michael Shack, Gino Kersteloot,... The list goes on forever!

Hellhammer and Trym are fast and can handle some great fills. Dave Lombardo is also fast, great with the snare drum and his playing sounds very enthustiastic, like he still enjoys the playing a LOT. Pete Sandoval of course is worth mentioning. Mike Portnoy's got great technics.

But none of them compare speed, technicality, enthusiasm and pure skill the way Gene Hoglan does.

Originally posted by Zarok666
I wonder why nobody mentioned Mayhem's Hellhammer. He is a god.
Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater rules, too.

oh damn right ! i was on my way to say that :lol: i guess i better
quote you than repete that ;)

DAVE LOMBARDO!!!!!!

:headbang:

He is a fucking animal with the drums.

And Napalm Death´s drummer is really awesome too. I was in a show of them last Thursday and he is just incredible..... really really fast.

Wheres this interview in which Silenoz says Nick can't play all the songs live?
Hellhammer is a good drummer, but hes not as good as everyone thinks he is. On the new Mayhem live vid/dvd when he does the super fast fills hes playing double strokes! Because hes got the snare and toms triggered it sounds like hes playing fast as fuck but hes fucking cheating his arse off! lol
Nick Barker is awesome, just watch Cradle Of Filths PanDaemonAeon video, the live songs at the end of it, Nick is fucking sick on them. Absolutely perfect.

Attachments

• gorgasm.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 109