A question

Corporal McDick

Sgt. 1st class
Aug 26, 2003
Israel
I wanna cover asgaroth with the guys.
1. (corporate rights shit) - may I?
2. where do i get tabs or staff or whatever for songs from "redshift"?

Answers available:

1) Yes, you can do it as far as you don't get paid for it or your foundation for saving the raccoons from being raped doesn't perceive a single royalty or benefit whatsoever (apart from the inherent joy).

2) If there are not tabs on the official web site, try google out. If you need to find your own staff, hire some raccoons to play the drums, they manage to play three rythms at a time!!! I could play guitar, but I haven't learnt yet. Theredin might sing, but he's into "Rome Total War" full time, so we need a singer too...

|ng.

1). I don't think I will benifit any.... more like it will be a one single big stinking expense...
2). It is difficult to find decent racoons around mid-east here...
I could look for monkeys and camels, but they can't play much.

Damn it I'm just too lazy to trace those melodies myself.... besides, it gets overloaded on some songs... but i will look into that. Thanks.

Hello mate,

Chris from the band here.
1)You can cover "Red Shift" no problem. If you release any of our tracks commercially in a release or play any song live, it's the author's society that'd keep a small proportion of your "mechanical rights" for whoever created the song (ahem, me).So no problem

2) We're not into making tablatures, but for the key section I guess you can find some info around one of those weirdos' tablature sites.For "Red shift" we were tuned to D, so I'm sure you can follow the guitar tracks easily.

Thanks a lot!!! It's great to know someone's interested in doing a cover!!!

Cheers (going to the studio in a while). Oscar is having a lot of success in his studio so far, and after recording VIDRES A LA SANG (check it out in www.xtreemmusic.com) a lot of bands are getting interested in the studio!!! Good sign!

We haven't found any drummer yet, tested 3 drummers so far (a finnish guy as well, for your interes) and need some more time to try out some more. some drummers who contacted haven't been able to audition yet, but we need to finish the record first, with Javi (of the xtreemmusic band Heretic and drummer of POP spanish heros CHUCHO www.chucho.net)

Cheers

CHris

So... nobody's gonna use raccoons for the drums? Besides, they're lovely, and gives a better image to the band altogether, so sweet. I can see the news: "Death metal band looking for the safety of furry animals". No? Really? Alright, alright...

|ng (The racoon keeper)

khristoff said:
Hello mate,

Chris from the band here.
1)You can cover "Red Shift" no problem. If you release any of our tracks commercially in a release or play any song live, it's the author's society that'd keep a small proportion of your "mechanical rights" for whoever created the song (ahem, me).So no problem

2) We're not into making tablatures, but for the key section I guess you can find some info around one of those weirdos' tablature sites.For "Red shift" we were tuned to D, so I'm sure you can follow the guitar tracks easily.

Thanks a lot!!! It's great to know someone's interested in doing a cover!!!

Cheers

CHris
Ok.
Thank you too, and you're welcome. The deal is that the main melodies I already managed to figure out (more or less), but the keyboards drive me nuts sometimes.... as a keyboardist. I think you will agree that keyboards were a little more complicated than guitars in some places of the album...
Mayhaps it will make it easier if I will try to specify what tracks I want to cover. Naked Eye, Turred Decoy, Bluntness and Mind Shfit....
Maybe something else in the future. I just don't want to "fill up" melodies that are not original... at least before I get to know the original parts.

Any further help will be greatly appriciated :hotjump:

Red Shift rules..... :headbang:

Theredintheskyisours said:
They'd make a good Black Metal drummer too.

Having a raccoon as your drummer would rule.

They do tend to be the pissed off guy in the band, but they can drink like no other.

That would be awesome to cover "Bluntness". That song rules.
Well... racoons are rather rare here... but if you have free $$$ on your hands, you can mail some to me :)

I intend to start from "Bluntness". 7-8 months ago I was walking around with my mp3 player, and Bluntness was LOOPING for weeks...:Spin: the smiley says it all.

That's actually the first song I've ever heard of them. Listened to it close to around two years ago and was immedietly a die hard fan.

Their old stuff would be pretty cool to cover like from the Absence Spells Beyond album. The second and third song (I don't know song titles at all) are unbelievable.

Also, that semi-instrumental only song on Red Shift (track 5) would be awesome to hear covered. That is if you guys can play the piano/keyboard.

I play keyboards....
Just having hardtime figuring them out sometimes...
I need something tabbed or whatever to make more accurate
And unfortuntely I was yet to be familiar with old stuff