A quick recording..

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
Me and 2 friends quickly recorded this. Probally spend about 3 hours on it.
This is just an outtake of the song. The playing isn't really tight, but nice enough to get an impression...

Drums:
Snare - Sneap samples 50% + 50% Natural snare with lots o' compression & EQ's.
Kicks - Alesis D4 mixed with some other sampled kicks, but mainly the D4
Toms - Toms I recorded some months a ago, with some EQ on it. Had triggers on the toms..no mics..I didn't want to spend that much time.

Guitars:
SM57 in front of a Marshall with greenbacks.

http://www.docileband.com/14-01-09_Test.mp3

Cheers,
G

sounds pretty cool! the masterbus compressor is killing me though...
the snare could have a bit more snap to it, sounds a bit flat / flappy to me now
toms sound fake but great!
what amp did you use for the guitars? they sound pretty good, but a bit overgained to me, think the attack would be clearer with less gain, sound a bit washy now but I hear the potential!

sounds pretty cool! the masterbus compressor is killing me though...
the snare could have a bit more snap to it, sounds a bit flat / flappy to me now
toms sound fake but great!
what amp did you use for the guitars? they sound pretty good, but a bit overgained to me, think the attack would be clearer with less gain, sound a bit washy now but I hear the potential!

Yeah.. the masterbuss compressor. I spend about 2 minutes on that setting :S...in the coming days I have to do some more mixing with this. Since this is a pretty quick output.

JCM800 (1986 2203) & ENGL Blackmore. I think the overgain is due to the ENGL Blackmore settings. After we recorded it we noticed there was to much gain. And since it was nothing serious I didn't record DI's to reamp.