A recomendation

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
I highly suggest you aquire Magnitude 9's "Reality in Focus". I know it has been talked about a while ago, but i recently got the cd a few days ago and I have been blown away by how great it really is. For some reason before i got the cd I had a bunch of mp3's from the band a while ago and i guess i just downloaded without listening...stupid me lol.

Anyway the band (sounds to me) like a combination of Fates Warning and Iron Maiden musically and vox wise. Corey Brown is the bastard child of Dickinson and Alder, and that is a good thing :D

There is not really a bad song on the cd. The only one that gets a little repetitive is "far beyond illusion" and yet that is still cool.

"Far Beyond Illusion" and "What My Eyes Have Seen" are my favorite songs... truthfully... I rarely make it through half this album...

i dont know... it just gets to the point after a few songs where i feel like i could be listening to something better... and that cover tune in the middle hurts things... i hate cover tunes for the most part

NP: Sieges Even - "Wintertime"

Flight of Icarus is probably on of the best Maiden covers ever. It is just amazing...to me anyway.

but comeon, dont tell me you dont like Nevermore's version of "the sound of silence"

I love this cd, Corey Brown is an awesome vocalist! Production is a little weak, but I can get past that easily. "No Turning Back", "What My Eyes Have Seen", and "Mind Over Fear" are my favorites.

Very good album and I agree that it is a little samey after a while, but its a great comeback and listen to album after not hearing it for awhile.

Bear

NP: Flatstick - Adios

Magnitude 9 is my 3rd favourite band after SyX, Adagio. THEY TOTALY RULE!!!

Yeah, I asked about this band a little while ago. My fav's are End of Days, Quiet Desperation and Afterlife.

But why isn't anyone mentioning the mind-boggling soloing from Rob Johnson and Joe Glean!!! Amazing shred thats also melodic. Rob has some great harmonies aswell. Just listen to the solo in Qiuet Desperation and you'll see what I mean.