A Sceptic's Universe

zacmenta

Jul 5, 2007
www.myspace.com
Finally managed to track down a copy of the album, ordered it through a local music store in Adelaide that has an international ordering service, should be here in a couple of weeks.

So who else has an actual copy of the album? If so was it easy to find? I know that I never would have got into Spiral if I hadn't been able to download the album, since I got it I've been trying to find a copy, and now that I', finally going to get it I'm pretty damn pleased.

PS Also ordered "Elements", by Atheist, another one that I've been searching for for ages. Spiral fans will probably dig this album, not as technical, but more funk/jazz influenced (as far as I can tell).

I do. I just asked for it to a friend that was living in Sweden.
So, I guess it was not easy to find.

Regarding downloads,... I usually download music to see if I like it or not, then I try to find a way of buying the CDs. I think for progressive music internet is much more of a help than a problem. But I know some artists do not think the same .:err:

For me, downloading is how I find out about more obscure bands, and unfortunately much of the music I like tends to be harder to get a hold of, outside the internet. If I don't know a band exists, I'm not going to be able to order their album am I? So I agree, downloading is a help rather than a hindrance, as far as getting the music out there goes. I try to buy as many albums that I've downloaded previously as I can, because part of the album "experience" is in the artwork etc.

Anyway, off-topicness aside, amazing album.

Downloads ok if money goes to the band or encourage you to buy album not ok if money does not go to band. Sorry to be a bit ethical around this, but its hard enough for bands that are not mainstream to make money; lets not destroy the music we love. Its easy to hear extracts and even the odd whole song; and then make you mind up!

Also ASU universe is easy to order on the net, do not expect my local record stores to stock anything I like