Favourite song off A Sceptic's Universe?

Thank you all for contributing your thoughts. It is interesting to see how much your thoughts seem to reflect the results from the poll we have on SPIRAL ARCHITECT. I just checked it out - close to 5000 has voted, and more than 1/3 seem to have Insect as their favourite. It seems to be the favourite SA-song also among you. Too few have voiced their opinion on this forum to make statistical claims, though, but one 'new' thing that I read from your comments, is that Excessit is a much more cherished song than reflected by that poll - there it ends last (when not counting Occam's Razor and Prelude To Ruin). In this forum, however, it seems to be one of your favourite songs. Again - not much material for statistics here, but I believe that this forum actually reflects more adequately the general opinion on this.

Also - not many have listed their least favourite song, but quite predictable Moving Spirit seems to be the one. The most controversial song, however, seems to be Cloud Constructor: Many people's favourite as the poll shows (#3), but at the same time the only song besides Moving Spirit that get votes for "the worst song".

Interesting indeed... Maybe it's cos people only voted once on the poll, but on here they expressed 2 or 3 favourites, thus Excessit was included whereas on the poll only Insect was recorded... Maybe Excessit is everyone's 'second favourite' song.... hmmmm.

... Maybe Excessit is everyone's 'second favourite' song.... hmmmm.

Not for me it isn't !!
... i honestly still believe that Excessit is the most divine song on the album.
again i repeat the order for all to see (my order ofcourse):

1) Excessit
2) Insect
3) Conjuring Collapse
4) Fountainhead
5) Spinning
6) Adaptibility
7) Cloud Constructor
8) Moving Spirit
*** Occam's Razor is not included in the order.

1) Shuffled
2) Insect
3) Spinning
4) Excessit
5) The rest of Cloud Constructor
6) Fountainhead
7) Adaptability
8) Conjuring Collapse
9) Moving Spirit
10) Occam's Razor

I thought Shuffled should be separated and put at the top because it's the stand out part of the album in my opinion

Cloud Constructor is probably my favourite off the album, and not just for the "Shuffled" section (The CD is in my car so I can't check, but that's the bass harmonic bit, right?), although that is one of my favourite moments in all of music. As for least favourite, I would have to say Moving Spirit, at least overall. I love the solo (groove + wah = awesome, at least in this case), and there are parts that I really like, but overall I don't find it as interesting as the rest of the album. The vocal overlap/harmony bit at the end that Slope mentioned irritates me somewhat as well. Excessit, Insect and Fountainhead rule also.

EDIT: The beginning of Occam's Razor is rather cool as well, but overall I don't find it all that exciting. I'd love to see more Chapman Stick on the next album though, the potential of that instrument is amazing.

not sure if i posted in one of these before, but my opinions often change with time. currently Fountainhead is on top followed by:

2 - Insect
3 - Adaptability
4 - Conjuring Collapse
5 - Spinning
6 - Excessit
7 - Cloud Constructor
8 - Moving Spirit
9 - Occam's Razor (cool little interlude, but it can hardly compete)