A Scorpian Sure beats the shit out of us...

Aug 9, 2005
Canada!!!
We can only survive for 7 days without water. :lol: Pathetic.

Check this out:

Yahoo News:
SALT LAKE CITY - A scorpion lived for 15 months without food or water inside the plaster mold of a dinosaur fossil, breaking free only when a scientist broke open the mold.

Don DeBlieux, a paleontologist for the Utah Geological Survey, said he was sawing open the plaster mold when the scorpion wriggled from a crack in a sandstone block.

DeBlieux is still chipping away at the 1,000-pound rock to expose the horned skull of an 80-million-year-old plant eater — a species of dinosaur he says is new to science.

The scorpion "must have been hanging out in a crack the day we plastered him," DeBlieux said Thursday.

He discovered the two-inch critter on Jan. 5 after spending two months carefully removing the plaster mold. DeBlieux said he'll spend more than 500 hours cutting the fossilized skull out of sandstone using tiny pneumatic jackhammers.

It took three and a half years to cut the sandstone block in the field, where researchers encased it with plaster. They moved it by helicopter from the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument to a laboratory in Salt Lake City.

Scorpions, which eat insects, are capable of surviving for months without feeding or moving in a sleep period known as diapause, said Richard Baumann, a Brigham Young University zoologist.

Under other circumstances, the scorpion might have met an untimely end, but DeBlieux said he wanted respected the creature's will to survive. He set the scorpion free in a field on the west side of Salt Lake City.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
When I lived in Texas for four months back in 1998, I finally saw a scorpion during my last week there.

I was skating at a nearby school with a buddy of mine. I chased that cocksucker down with my skateboard.

Yeah we have plenty of those here, but since I live in a more urban part of El Paso there aren't many large insects or wildlife around, but when I wanted to spend the night at my cousin's it was like a life and death situation since he lives away from the city pretty much surrounded by desert, there were wild rabbits there, scorpions, rattlesnakes, all kinds of desert inhabitant animals. And it was common for people that lived around there to encounter scorpions, spiders and even snakes inside their homes. :OMG:

Elysian893 said:
weird i've lived in texas the majority of my life, and never seen a scorpion... maybe its cause dallas is such a different climate than el paso...

You mean plano? Well dallas really isn't a desert, it's more humid and wet so it can't really support desert wildlife.

They're all over here. The guy across the street had to have an infestation removed from his house a couple months ago. Fuckers were on the floor, the furniture, etc.

Stepping on one in the middle of the night in your bare feet = bad.