A Scot in California!

Yeah, Metallicat! When are you planning on making the flight to LA? I've done the Heathrow to LAX a few times, probably the 2 slowest and outdated airports ever!lol! Get a window seat, the pillows fit in the window hole and you can lean over and sleep and try for the back of the plane, I've gotten my own row on 2 international flights this way! I'm flying to LA August 1st and gotta go thru Qatar, Kuwait, I think Washington, then HOME for a few weeks! About 20+ hours of ass time for me on a plane. Good thing my mind is easily distracted by bright and shiney objects! Ooh! Bright and shiney!o_O If I don't get to meet you, I have some gifts for you I'll leave with Linda!

I'm soooo looking forward to her coming out here.. So ladies we must plan on you playing some where in the OC for her :) And I can't wait for her to be here.. I'm also gonna take some time off and tote her everywhere she would want to go :) And Puckie and I would sooo be into pitchin in to get your butt here too :)

Just FYI: Paris to Salt Lake non-stop is a 10 hour flight, tho they did fly over uk so not sure how it breaks down but I'm figuring what, you'll be in the air about 11-12 hours

OK LA is 8 hours behind GMT as I write this its like 02:18 am in the city of angels. (i'm at work and bored)

If a flight leaves Heathrow at at 11:30am it arrives in LA at 15:00 local time.

Thats 11.5 hours for a direct flight weather permitting. get a tail wind could be an hour early.

The bad part. Leave LAX at 17:15 arrive in heathrow at 11:45 the NEXT DAY! and thats when the sodding jet lag hits you.

To be honest the flight aint that boring if its during the day, i cant sleep on planes and when I arrived in Los Angeles I was a wee bit tipsy, to be honest I couldnt walk in a straight line. :D

I flew British Airways and it was a nice comfortable flight. I have heard that American Airlines flights are pretty uncomfortable, could be one to avoid.

Virgin airways have great check in lounges if you wanna pay a little bit extra, better comfort before your flight and includes complimetary drinks and food.

John - I really hope you are there when I come over!! It would be sometime after September I think.

You guys are all so sweet!!! I love you all!! :D

Timewarrior - when we flew to Newark we used British Airways. It was fine but then again that was my first long haul flight so don't know any different. I don't mind who I fly with as long as it's cheap! I'll strap myself to the wing if need be!! :lol:

Some nice airlines are

Singapore Air
Cathay Pacific (I did a long long one on this. I think they go to Britain They give you a menu for meals in coach)
All Nippon(sometimes shite)
JAL
Virgin
Alaska Air(Its from Alaska, of course its good)
Thai Air (nice lavender tint and the Flight attendants wear purple flowers in their hair)

Avoid like the plague:
United (If you like 3 hour delays they are for you), Delta, American, anything from mainland China like China Eastern, China Air, China Southern, etc. Trust me, I lived in China for 3 years and you don't want them flying your plane. Also, they keep their safety records hidden. Fuckin commies! From Hong Kong its ok, like Cathay Pacific, they are 5 Stars. Even in Taiwan the airlines are shite!

Wait a second do we have to raise money for Time Warrior too?

I don't think so! :lol: He was just discussing his experiences.

I did look at Cathay Pacific cos my friend raves about them but they fly to Hong Kong first and then onto LA. I'd like to try as hard as possibly to get a direct flight cos I'll be doing this on my own!! :lol:

Have you been here before?

Wait Cathay Pacific flies East from the UK?

I've been to the east coast before but not the west coast and I was with a group of friend who were all well travelled so I just followed them. If you'd told me 5 years ago that I'd be flying to LA on my own I would have had a heart attack right there and then!! :lol:

Yeah, kinda silly eh?

Are you really young?

Who cares if its by yourself. Its boring no matter who you are with. Flying just blows! But if you pick a good airline, like Virgin, they have video games at your seat.

The East Coast of America is so different from California, it may as well be a different country. I've been to every East Coast state besides New Hampshire and Maine, and it feels like a foreign country to me. Southern California and Norther California may as well be separate states. Whatever you do, make sure you don't just veg out in LA. Go to San Diego or Santa Barbara or come to San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Napa, or somewhere beautiful. I suggest you drive up the 101 Freeway from LA to San Fran to get a good glimpse of California.

Are you really young?

Who cares if its by yourself. Its boring no matter who you are with. Flying just blows! But if you pick a good airline, like Virgin, they have video games at your seat.

The East Coast of America is so different from California, it may as well be a different country. I've been to every East Coast state besides New Hampshire and Maine, and it feels like a foreign country to me. Southern California and Norther California may as well be separate states. Whatever you do, make sure you don't just veg out in LA. Go to San Diego or Santa Barbara or come to San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Napa, or somewhere beautiful. I suggest you drive up the 101 Freeway from LA to San Fran to get a good glimpse of California.

No, I'm 23. It doesn't really phase me now but back then I wouldn't have even contemplated it!! :lol:

I'll be going wherever anyone wants to take me!! I need tour guides! :lol: The only touristy things I would like to is go to Universal Studios (but only if the Back To The Future bit is accessible - that's the only reason I want to go as it's my favourite film), go to Hollywood and see the walk of fame and the Sunset Strip and visit The Rainbow. The main reason I'm coming out is to the see the girls! :D

Oh did you hear about the fire last week that burnt the Back to the future Set down? The park/square part caught on fire. I'm not sure how much was burnt. I heard the clock tower is gone but the clock is ok.

I love those movies too. I have all 3 on DVD.

Oh did you hear about the fire last week that burnt the Back to the future Set down? The park/square part caught on fire. I'm not sure how much was burnt. I heard the clock tower is gone but the clock is ok.

I love those movies too. I have all 3 on DVD.

Yep! :( The news report I heard said "nothing irreplacable" had been lost so hopefully it will be open to the public when I go. I'm such a huge fan of those films. The second one is my all time favourite. It's so cleverly done with the alternate 1985 and going back into the first movie from another angle. I love it!! I have the dvd boxset too - and the videos!! :lol:

Yeah Biff finds the almanac. Great explanation of the space-time continuum.

Have you seen the TV show from 1999-2000, Freaks and Geeks? Biff plays the PE Teacher. 18 episodes then got canned. Judd Apatow and Paul Feig.
I guarantee it will be the best TV series you've ever seen.

"No Biff, keep your damn hands off her!"

Yeah Biff finds the almanac. Great explanation of the space-time continuum.

Have you seen the TV show from 1999-2000, Freaks and Geeks? Biff plays the PE Teacher. 18 episodes then got canned. Judd Apatow and Paul Feig.
I guarantee it will be the best TV series you've ever seen.

"No Biff, keep your damn hands off her!"

:lol: Isn't it!!

I've never even heard of it!!! I'm not much of a tv fan to be honest. I'd rather play my guitar! :headbang:

When I was in London visiting my friend last year, we randomly saw a Deloran parked in the street and I turned into an over-excitable five year old in 0.25 of a second!! Hahaha!! Then when I got back my other friend informs me that Steve Harris owns one!! :lol: I have a little model one sitting on my desk, still in the display box with a mini Doc Brown too! :cool:

Freaks and Geeks plays like a movie. Great music in it too. You'll recognize a lot of actors in it.

Too bad John DeLorean screwed it all up by bad cocaine deals.

:lol: The only touristy things I would like to is go to Universal Studios (but only if the Back To The Future bit is accessible - that's the only reason I want to go as it's my favourite film), The main reason I'm coming out is to the see the girls! :D

They removed the Back to the Future Ride to put in the Simpsons Ride. I have an annual pass that's just about to expire, I think I'll go one last time this weekend.