The Maidens in Algona last night

I think the rarity of female performers in a venue that serves plenty of alcohol brings out the worst behavior in a lot of guy fans. I'm so glad I didn't go for a spot in the center now. It would have been impossible to film.

I was amazed that two guys wanted to pound the crap out of me for being in the front. Not becasue I was taking pictures but because I was in the front and THEY wanted to be there. And when I told both I was there at the leisure of the band they amazingly, had the same reply, "I don't give a f@$k if you are with teh band! I've waited all week to party with the band and I want to be hwere you're standing!" The guy in Algona didn't even back down at 1st when Aja told him to let me go and when Mark initially told him to let go! He finally did and slunk back in the crowd. Sara was itchin' to pound his melon. She's always watchin' out for me :headbang: Funny, of the hundreds of shows I have shot I never get grief from anyone, in fact the opposite but 99% of the time shooting the gals I get grief from at least one jerk. Last time they were here I got my nose broke by some bloke how wanted to be in front of Aja and kept hitting at my camera and when I told him he did wanna be swatting at 2 1/2 grand worth of camera said FU and hit me in the nose. I nailed him as hard as I could with an elbow and dropped him and security tossed him. I saw Sara getting ready to take off her guitar before he disappeared. LOL I think she was gonna autograph his face with her waffle stompers! :lol: I don't mind too much... shooting other shows are usually boring.. women pinching my butt and stuffing their phone numbers in my shirt. usually there is a barricaide and I'm in front of it. :heh:

Some people can be such arseholes!! I can't stand people who have to push and shove their way to the front!!! If you just bide your time and slink your way forward, you usually end up on the barrier and without pissing anyone off!!! Some guy was trying to do exactly the same thing at Maiden in Glasgow so me and the guy next to me joined forces and made doubley sure he didn't get on the barrier. He got pulled out during The Legacy so I guess he wasn't hardcore enough to be on the barrier!! :lol: :cool:

Some people can be such arseholes!! I can't stand people who have to push and shove their way to the front!!! If you just bide your time and slink your way forward, you usually end up on the barrier and without pissing anyone off!!! Some guy was trying to do exactly the same thing at Maiden in Glasgow so me and the guy next to me joined forces and made doubley sure he didn't get on the barrier. He got pulled out during The Legacy so I guess he wasn't hardcore enough to be on the barrier!! :lol: :cool:

Exactly Jenna - there's no need for the type of aggression those 2 people were displaying. The first guy was soooo drunk his eyes were crossed and he almost fell over onto the stage - so warning him wasn't going to do any good. Moments like that make me appreciate Mark and Chris so much. They are always on the alert and ready to take care of biz! :headbang:
The second guy was just aggro - and apparently wanted some attention. Don't think the kind he got was the kind he wanted, tho it was definitely the kind he deserved....careful what you wish for!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortunately, it's only a small percentage of the people who act like that - that's why I no longer ignore it - I like to call 'em out on it cuz bully types like to operate under cover and they get pretty uncomfortable when you point them out in front of the whole crowd! Amazing what a little public "recognition" can do to modify people's behavior for the better!

Good on you hun!! I would love to see one of your Bruce style rants captured on film!! About the first guy, what was the point of him actually going to the show, cos you can bet your arse he didn't remember one iota of it the next day!! :lol: I've never understood that, why people get plastered before a show. I don't drink anyway so I have even more trouble understanding but what's the point of paying money to see a band, only to get so hammered before the show that you don't remember it anyway!! :err:

Sara was itchin' to pound his melon. She's always watchin' out for me :headbang:
I saw Sara getting ready to take off her guitar before he disappeared. LOL I think she was gonna autograph his face with her waffle stompers!

Sara the Terminator says, "Back away from the cameraman or die!" :lol:

Iron&

Good on you hun!! I would love to see one of your Bruce style rants captured on film!! About the first guy, what was the point of him actually going to the show, cos you can bet your arse he didn't remember one iota of it the next day!! :lol: I've never understood that, why people get plastered before a show. I don't drink anyway so I have even more trouble understanding but what's the point of paying money to see a band, only to get so hammered before the show that you don't remember it anyway!! :err:

We often play late so unfortunately the drunk part comes with the territory. Fortunately the obnoxious ones are few and far between. Most of the fans are awesome and just there to have a great time. I feel protective towards the audience that way.

I never plan to rant - things just happen and I respond - and some types of commentary/behavior brings out that side of me. They don't realize it until it's too late - I've got a microphone and I'm not afraid to use it!! :lol:

We often play late so unfortunately the drunk part comes with the territory. Fortunately the obnoxious ones are few and far between. Most of the fans are awesome and just there to have a great time. I feel protective towards the audience that way.

I never plan to rant - things just happen and I respond - and some types of commentary/behavior brings out that side of me. They don't realize it until it's too late - I've got a microphone and I'm not afraid to use it!! :lol:

You are like Bruce in SO many ways hun!!! :lol:

Aja is da bomb! (toot toot!!) We are blessed to have her in this band. :saint:

The fans also take care of us too though!!! I was given a whole bottle of Patron Silver after that show from one of our wonderful fellow Maiden-heads!!!! THANKS WALT!!!! DAMN! :Smokin: Visit his myspace page at www.myspace.com/deathmatters! There was no :puke: .
Stone, thanks for the help! :kickass:

Aww, thanks guys :oops: I just feel blessed to be in this band. As Linda said - our people take such good care of us and look out for us - so this is just about giving back as good as I get, really. :)

I can't just be on stage watching people behave like....**fill in the blank here**.... and not say or do anything. That's just so wrong!

damn ruffians trying to punk - yeah, our photographer gets center front row! alan, i don't know how you can focus with your camera while there's bedlam going on behind you. the one guy in washington, after he got yelled at, tried to disguise himself with a cute sweater afterwards. hahhah!

He he you are good practice on shooting under less than favorable circumstances. I thought it was ironic how we were reminiscing about you almost having to save my life when that ya ya broke my nose shooting you the time before and that it shouldn't be a problem this time. :zombie: Then that yutz shows up in Algona. We are defiantly gonna have to get ya'll in the Big Easy where there is a nice cushy barricade! :headbang:

Ya know, though, it would have been fun to see Aja go off on the guy in Algona Bruce style. That guys calves were as big as my thighs and to see tiny Aja rip him a new one in front of everyone would have been precious ;)

getting into see the Maidens: $10

drinking a 6-pack+ of beer: $30+

watching Aja kick some lowly guy's ass in front of a crowd: PRICELESS!!!

getting into see the Maidens: $10

drinking a 6-pack+ of beer: $30+

watching Aja kick some lowly guy's ass in front of a crowd: PRICELESS!!!
Filming Aja kicking some lowly guy's ass in front a crowd, getting his name and address from his license while he is passed out, and posting the footage and his information on YouTube for the whole world to see: PRICELESS

You guys are cracking me up! You'd have to do some creative editing to get that effect, Rya!

I remember hearing Bruce go off on someone, can't remember which show. He said if it weren't for the fact that he'd get sued, he'd go down there and rip the guy's head off himself! I could see him doing it, too!

Now THAT would be priceless!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jenna, I wish I had footage of Aja kicking some rude guy's ass. But, there is footage of her belittling the guy. Joe has it right now. I accidentally gave him my tape of the first half of the show instead of the one of just clips of Heather that my wife took. He said he'll mail it to me on April 3rd.

Aja, funny you should mention that gig. He's done that a couple of times, and more recently on the GMETID or AMOLAD tour. I was just listening to a bootleg of one of those tours where he says he'd kick some guy's ass if he wasn't afraid of getting sued. I can't remember which one.

Jenna, I wish I had footage of Aja kicking some rude guy's ass. But, there is footage of her belittling the guy. Joe has it right now. I accidentally gave him my tape of the first half of the show instead of the one of just clips of Heather that my wife took. He said he'll mail it to me on April 3rd.

Aja, funny you should mention that gig. He's done that a couple of times, and more recently on the GMETID or AMOLAD tour. I was just listening to a bootleg of one of those tours where he says he'd kick some guy's ass if he wasn't afraid of getting sued. I can't remember which one.

Once you get it all back and sorted, would I be able to trade you for a copy of this show if possible please? And possibly any other Maiden shows (with Aja) that you have? :worship: