A Sense of Purpose

potassium78

Oct 2, 2007
Is of course the name of the new IN FLAMES album...

I didn't see a thread about it anywhere else, so yeah.

Sounds a little homo to me...:erk:

Abnegation and A Sense of Purpose?

http://www.inflames.com/main.html

*EDIT

Alright cool, Abnegation will not be on the new CD.

Here is the info on the single...

IN FLAMES - New Single!

We can now announce that the first single taken from the new album "A Sense Of Purpose" will be "The Mirror’s Truth" Release Date: March 7th 2008 out via Nuclear Blast Records.

Please note that this is a European single and will not be available elsewhere. The single will include the following tracks:

1. The Mirror’s Truth
2. Eraser*
3. Tilt*
4. Abnegation*

*=EXCLUSIVE NON ALBUM TRACKS

Horrible title for an album.

I think the main lyrical theme will be about how Anders vocals are terrible, how their new music sucks and how Anders wishes he was in Caliban.

Ooops i better fuck off these forums now because In Flames changed a long time ago and i should be over it! :lol:

Well here's the cover for a single

It's fuckin terrible, they must have stole it from Korn.

l_13be01c64ead03bfd759b2ddd257701a.jpg

I hope you are kidding. THis title perplexes me.

THe last three albums I think represented the music well.
Reroute was straight saying in order to survive you must adapt.
Soudtrack was about being experimental more and more open minded,
Come Clarity was to me them finding their sound to bridge the gap bewteen EXP. and Old school.

A Sense of Purpose I have not figured out the meaning. Maybe knowing that alot of their old fan base has fizzled out and trying to find their way back or opening to a new generation. Just throwing shit out there but that single cover makes me cry.

Hi guys new to the forum. The art work is really cool! whether or not it fits on a single is the question. But it is seriously sticking out, really cool colors. And hey the jester(tower) from the jester race is back. You can't complain about that!

Hi guys new to the forum. The art work is really cool! whether or not it fits on a single is the question. But it is seriously sticking out, really cool colors. And hey the jester(tower) from the jester race is back. You can't complain about that!
I can only hope that's a good sign. I don't care what this shit is called, I just want good music.

Don't mind the album or single titles...The artwork sucks, though. And the logo...NO! They shoulda gone back to the black metal style logo. Oh well, I'll go listen to The Jester Race now...

thank you for linking to an article in a language that none of us read. It was very enlightening.

Oh I am sorry about that WeareInFlames.. But you got some songtitles on the website IN ENGLISH! And Anders said what he think about each and every song.. peace

Thanks Krall, I can read swedish, hell yeah!
Condemned – Old school-thrash, men med en lite lättsammare refräng.
hahaha, cant wait to hear that.

made my own coverart that I will use for the album:
inflamessopartag9.jpg

The artwork might be great,but i prefer a shitty artwork with good songs on their newest album.

1.The Mirror’s Truth
2. Disconnected
3. Sleepless Again
4. Alias
5. I'm the Highway
6. Delight and Angers
7. Move Through Me
8. The Chosen Pessimist
9. Sober and Irrelevant
10. Condemned
11. Drenched In Fear
12. March To The Shore

track names are alright, not as bad as come clarity ones (and i liked CC)

1. Mirrors Truth
2. Disconnected
3. Sleepless Again
4. Alias
5. I'm the Highway
6. Delight and Angers
7. Move Through Me
8. The Chosen Pessimist
9. Sober and Irrelevant
10. Condemned
11. Drenched In Fear
12. March To The Shore

Hopefully the opener is not another F(r)iend or Bullet Ride.
But the best one outta the bunch has gotta be March To The Shore. The like the cover art better than the single actually, but fucking hell still.

This band is so friggin' lame now it makes me sick. Instead of getting better and more mature through their career, it's actually gone backwards. They started out with mature songwriting and albums and have gradually become immature. Just look at the stupid artwork! Who would be impressed by that? A 15 year old? A Korn fan? It surely doesn't represent the band I once loved. And somehow Anders went from being a good vocalist into being one of the shittiest ones around. I can't fucking stand this band anymore. :yuk::yuk::yuk:

I actually think the album title is ok. better than soundtrack to your escape or come clarity.

however, i feel the art direction for this album is very commercial. i can usually look forward to in flames having a somewhat decent art layout for their albums, but this one screams korn, the used, etc. ridiculous.

^^The artwork was done by someone who does artwork for The Used.

I kid you not.

1. Mirrors Truth
2. Disconnected
3. Sleepless Again
4. Alias
5. I'm the Highway
6. Delight and Angers
7. Move Through Me
8. The Chosen Pessimist
9. Sober and Irrelevant
10. Condemned
11. Drenched In Fear
12. March To The Shore

Hopefully the opener is not another F(r)iend or Bullet Ride.
But the best one outta the bunch has gotta be March To The Shore. The like the cover art better than the single actually, but fucking hell still.

What in the world is wrong with Bullet Ride?

That's one of my favorite songs off of Clayman.