A taste of extreme divinity || New album

Now this looks awesome and really old school. :kickass:
31883.jpg

And apparently it's not fan made.

to clear the situation:
The fact few songs could be leaked on youtube, push people to know that files are now downloadable on the net !! THen some stupid ppl look for it, download them and keep them on sharing directory on bittorend, emule, edonkey !! This is bad, very bad !!! The stats we know in the business is, what ever numbers of fans in the world is, when an album is "available" on the net 1 month before it's street date release, it's a lost of 50% sales !!!! Peter is very sad of the situation, because, we already know that the budget we spended on this album will never get back !!! Means, we gonna loose money with it !!! Then, the fact is, the record company could decide to not sign a new album with hypo !!! And makes peter loose his motivation for the hypocrisy's future !! THen we will all lose something:
Me, my job with hypo, because they won't have any more budget for my work,
Peter, his band an money,
Fans: a Great Band !!!

I had a long conversation with him today, he lost his motivation and locked himself in his studio thinking as if their is any future on producing music !!

Peter knows, that real fans like you already ordered the album, and real fans will buy this album. But it's not enough (we have stats) to get more than 40% of the budget we spended on it. Usually, it's the "other" external "customer" could make the difference back !! But as they aren't Great fans like you, they won't buy the album if they can have it for free on the net. Think about that : when you want a beer, you buy it, you don't steal it !! Then, why steal a CD !!??

I stopped the production of the trailer now, the new one Hypo and I make for last promo and fans, as it's now a waste of money for nothing. Also, the music Video is now postpone, as we are not sure to get any budget for it.

Any way, thank you for supporting us !!

It 's sure it makes piss me off too and i will probabilly try to forget that with few beers and get me drunk.

Denis Goria.
Indeed. Some people get the album where they can get it fastest and thus advance leaks reduce the sales but those who are pirates to the bone won't buy it even if it doesn't leak in advance. They just wait few days after the retail date when the album eventually appears in the net. And if the album doesn't appear in the net at all those ppl wouldn't listen to it.

Loyal fans will buy the album and then there's that group of people who perhaps would buy if it's not in the net on the retail date but sadly there are also quite many of those who won't spend any money on CDs. They may occasionally listen to the album few times, saying it's good but not that good. No album is that good for them that they would spend some money.

I personally think that copy protection on (retail) CDs isn't the answer though. People could keep promos out the net and that would bring more money to artists but piracy that happens after the retail date will reduce the sales too. But I'm against the strict control of the internet some corporate companies and labels are supporting. That would affect the freedom of speech and other important things. Piracy can't be removed but I guess it could be reduced. Free album is a temptation and human nature is inclined to such things. Especially when one doesn't really perceive the whole picture and isn't passionate about things. NB lately has managed to reduce the amount of advance leaks a lot but it's sad that this slipped through the web.

ok looks like i need to clear some things up. I heard that people thought the album was awesome so i decided to upload a few songs to youtube for people to hear it and hopefully decide they liked what they heard from the 1 or 2 songs and decide to pre order the album. I didnt know leaked videos werent allowed on youtube (its not like im making money off of them or anything) and at most i thought the audio would be muted (like with wmg videos). I had no idea i would get all these notices so i wont be doing it again (or else my account will be deleted probs). The thing im pissed of at is that people reported the videos instead of just asking me to take them down and now my account has all these warnings all over it and my status is now shit. If someone were to message me and ask me to take them down because they honestly believe that uploading videos to youtube lowers sales then i would have, eventhough i believe having the songs available to hear on youtube increases sales as i for one prefer to listen to an album before i buy it to decide if i like it or not. Also, someone else had already uploaded a few of the songs hours before i did so anyone who would be looking out for a leak would have found it by the time i uploaded a couple songs.

And tbh i doubt i would have bought the album anyway. I hadnt really heard of Hypocrisy before and now that ive heard them they arent really the kind of thing i enjoy. Im going to hold out for Nile, which i definately will be buying now that i know its even better than Ithyphallic.

edit: The videos got practically no views anyway. Less than 15.

Me, my job with hypo, because they won't have any more budget for my work,
:loco:

denis

First and foremost: This has nothing to do with you and your budget situation! ! This is about Peter Tagtgren and all which is HYPOCRISY. I am appalled about this situation too! As I am one of the biggest Hypocrisy fans around here! But you should see why this leak came about in the first place? Whatever "Immortal" did to keep they're new album under lock & and kinda of loose key, Peter should have done with this album. I believe this is the only way to avoid these type of situations! The new "Immortal" hasn't leaked out yet(in high quality). And the street date is a 1 week away. And like I said before, hopefully it will NOT leak! Sure you may lose a couple of good reviews to many metal publications but it will hopefully avoid a leak. In the end this is all about Peter and all of HIS WORK! Nothing else!

I was very happy yesterday to find out about the 2 packages available from cmdistro. And yes of course I will be pre-ordering both packages. On a side note, I am sitting here wondering to myself? What did you actually say to Peter to make this happen:
he lost his motivation and locked himself in his studio thinking as if their is any future on producing music !!

:worship: HYPOCRISY RULES ALL! :worship:

Again,
this is not a piracy chasing, it's just a very sad view of the future. I'm not blaming anybody. But, after ten years of watching piracy reducing sales, then budget for new project makes me thinking about the future of this business. And i'm just sharing my sadness with peter. Thrust me, he's very sad !! It's first time i heard him so disapointed. :(

:loco:

denis

First and foremost: This has nothing to do with you and your budget situation! ! This is about Peter Tagtgren and all which is HYPOCRISY. I am appalled about this situation too! As I am one of the biggest Hypocrisy fans around here! But you should see why this leak came about in the first place? Whatever "Immortal" did to keep they're new album under lock & and kinda of loose key, Peter should have done with this album. I believe this is the only way to avoid these type of situations! The new "Immortal" hasn't leaked out yet(in high quality). And the street date is a 1 week away. And like I said before, hopefully it will NOT leak! Sure you may lose a couple of good reviews to many metal publications but it will hopefully avoid a leak. In the end this is all about Peter and all of HIS WORK! Nothing else!

I was very happy yesterday to find out about the 2 packages available from cmdistro. And yes of course I will be pre-ordering both packages. On a side note, I am sitting here wondering to myself? What did you actually say to Peter to make this happen:

:worship: HYPOCRISY RULES ALL! :worship:
Actually it's 2 days away. European release is this friday (25th of September).

I'm quite sure AToED will sell well. There's plenty of news in Blabbermouth about albums that hit charts and many of those leaked.

:oops:

Tell Peter he's got many, many fans here in america awaiting the return of HYPOCRISY! Too bad they're not stopping in AZ though! :erk:

Go for it "nova"! What have you got to lose! I want both packages just for the hoodie and shirt designs. And of course the new limited slipcase version of the album!

:Smug:

i will !!! and if they let me finish producing the last trailer, i will think about all of you in the end credit for best support !!

Regards from Poland to all of you working very hard on this album. Hypocrisy have really dedicated fans over here (me including). ;]

Denis, keep up the good work! There's an old polish saying: "Shit yourself, but don't give up!" It rhymes in polish though. ;p

3 bonus tracks?????

so the sinner and 2 other songs???? AHHHHHHHH

and the hoodie is AWESOME

Yeah, it's awesome. I'll surely buy it. ;] It's just too cool. :D

What would be cool is if someone could hook me up with the mail-order edition? ? NB shipping takes too long to get here! :mad:

I ordered the boxset today, and also 2 tickets to the Germany, Koln feb. 2nd show and a pair of new Hypo socks, cuz, the ones I got a few years ago are lost... tragic...
So for 3,33 euro I had to buy new ones! I only forget to buy the AToED T-shirt... stupid... Well, I'll pick one up at the concert.

Next week I'm going to buy the tickets for the Eindhoven, Dynamo feb. 5th show.

Is if February yet??? Oh wait, first October 23rd :D