A taste of extreme divinity || New album

Yeah i couldnt wait any longer so i just had to listen to it and i will say that I HAVE TASTED THE EXTREME DIVINITY!!! I agree, it is fucking amazing. It might be my favorite Hypo album thus far because it is just that good!!! Pretty much every song is awesome.

My current favorites as of today are Hang Him High, Solar Empire, and Taste the Extreme Divinity(most brutal hypo song).

24 Our counting is getting ridicoulus. And also, I just realiced something horrible. The album is realeased on a friday, and then I will have to wait over the fucking weekend until I get the box. FUUUUUCK!!!! :Shedevil::yell::mad::zzz: I think I am gonna listen to it soon, because your talking is getting to much.

So the urge to get this thing on mp3 was just too strong......

Hypocrisy is my all-time fav metal band so i had to have these tracks. I did however buy the hoodie and slipcase combo pack:headbang:

And let me tell you, for those of you who are waiting, its definately worth it! This album is good from start to finish-no fillers whatsoever.

my favorate tracks change from day to day, but right now its Valley of the Damned, Solar Empire, Weed out the Week, Global Domination, Alive, and Sky is falling down. I think overall if i were to pick one of these tracks, it would be weed out the week for its great combination of blast beats, thrashy riffing, awesome tremelo picking and melodic breakdown (with awesome brutal vocals!). Its probably the best all-around track on the album (hope they make a video and play this one live!)

only 2 gripes with this one- i would have liked to have one track of clean vocals, like living to die from Virus. Maybe the bonus tracks on the slipcase exclusive release will have one?
secondly, I dont like how some of the songs sound like they are using a drop tuning (drop A?). however, alot of the tracks do not incorporate chugging riffs on the low sting (B or A in this case). Why did they diverge from using Standard B tuning?

Peter's vocals are all over the place here-like i said no clean vocals, but a great range from brutal growls to long, high pitched screams.

I cant stop listening to this album! Peter is the best melodic death metal writer that incorporates dark, awesome melodies and harmonies.

To me, this has major elements of Virus and The Arrival-some of the more screaming vocals sound like The Arrival but alot of thrash riffing sounds more Virus-ish. There is alot of melodies that sound very Arrival-ish as well.

okay... I've just decided to download the album, I can't take it anymore!!!! BUTTTTTTT I'm at work, so I have to wait another 8 hour before I can download it....

Maybe I can resist it better tonight haha

secondly, I dont like how some of the songs sound like they are using a drop tuning (drop A?). however, alot of the tracks do not incorporate chugging riffs on the low sting (B or A in this case). Why did they diverge from using Standard B tuning?

If I'm right they use the same tuning as in Virus and that is A# D# G# C# F A# and I kinda noticed a similar thing, those empty string sounds on A# you do really notice but that's not a bad thing :)

Omg, there is new trailer in youtube! :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i_pefnsqus"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i_pefnsqus[/ame]

whats the track at the beginning????? its not from the 11 songs we have!!!!! The sinner?

awesome job Denis!!!

appart from the X song at the beginning you can hear ;

- Weed ou the weak (ah try to restrain yourself from downloading the album after hearing THAT riff :p)
- A taste of extreme divinity (the beginning)
- Tamed (FWF)
-Global domination (intro riff)

I would have hoped we would have some comments from the band within the trailer tho

well it seems they use a different tuning on some songs now.

warpath for example is defenately not in b standard.

we will see how it sounds live....

by the way..at my local nuclear blast dealer store..they already got the poster of the new album for 3 €

Denis :

Why dont you ask one of Hypocrisy members to come here on the boards for a questions round or something? We have so many questions...

I always thought Mikael would drop in or something. MANY bands have their members coming on the boards from time to times and answering fans (intelligent) questions. Silenoz of Dimmu and Alex Webster from CC for instance.

maybe we should start a topic about that so this request wont fall between two chairs...

Denis :

Why dont you ask one of Hypocrisy members to come here on the boards for a questions round or something? We have so many questions...

I always thought Mikael would drop in or something. MANY bands have their members coming on the boards from time to times and answering fans (intelligent) questions. Silenoz of Dimmu and Alex Webster from CC for instance.

maybe we should start a topic about that so this request wont fall between two chairs...

Members to come here !!! hahaha, big brother is everywhere and watching you for long!!! Not sure the 3 gods will do it personnaly !!

as your question, i will transfert them anyway.

thx for the compliment regarding the trailer !
denis

Yes, intro song is one of the mysterious extra songs, all studio !

ok well here are the questions I have :

-What guitar tuning does Peter uses now? He used Standard B for a while but since Virus some tunes sound like he uses A#

-Mikael wrote 4 songs out of the 11 'standard' ones, which ones are they?

- Have Peter and Mikael wrote at least one tune together for ATOED?

"denis"

Just seen that trailer. Excellence yet again! Very cool to see what its like to be driving down the road to "The Abyss Studios." Is it already snowing bloody hell there? ? ? Cool! !

HYPOCRISY RULES! PETER IS DEFINITELY GOD! :kickass: :headbang: