A Tribute to Symphony X

Sep 29, 2002
Ukraine(Eastern Europe)
Visit site
Imagine...
Year 2008.
There is going to be born "A tribute to SX"! :cool:
How do you think, what songs (existing now) will be there, and who will perform them?

I'd like to hear :
1. Evolution - Rhapsody
2. Fallen - ARK with Jorn Lande
3. Egypt - Dream Theater
4. In the Dragon's Den - Nevermore
5. Of Sins and Shadows - Metallica :)
6. Inferno - Evergrey
7. Dressed to Kill - Opeth
8. Wicked - Pantera
9. Accolade - Arjen Lucassen and his friends

Your suggestions? :)

Grom Hellscream said:

shocked.gif
tickled.gif
jawdrop.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

You mean the NEW Metallica, when all the current members are replaced, right?:)

I'd like to hear :
1. Evolution - Rhapsody
3. Egypt - Dream Theater
5. Of Sins and Shadows - Metallica
6. Inferno - Evergrey
8. Wicked - Pantera

I think you're the god damned man...

Although I think Rhapsody would do better with Accolade, Odyssey, Damnation Game, or Out of the Ashes.

I'd like to see Dark Moor do Masquerade, also.

Still, sweet picks, dude.

Rhapsody would be the perfect chiose for Evolution because of the speediness and the "happy" chorus.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Rhapsody would be the perfect chiose for Evolution because of the speediness and the "happy" chorus.

Rhapsody would be perfect for any song that a character is either riding his trusted steed, or is hearing alot of clanging and metal crashing into metal on the field of battle. I love them.

i paid 35 bucks for the limited edition of power of the dragonflame with bonus dvd... don't regret it at all... worst videos i have ever seen, but still they kick ass.

I don't want any of those bands covering our precious Symphony X. That's dishonouring them (except maybe Arjen) . I could list some bands that I conscider would do a great job but they ain't metal. The one that always gives me the biggest chill is the singe. Come one, who could ever do justice to Russell's voice!?

Grom Hellscream said:
Imagine...
Year 2008.
How do you think, what songs (existing now) will be there, and who will perform them?

I'd like to hear :
1. Evolution - Rhapsody
3. Egypt - Dream Theater
6. Inferno - Evergrey
8. Wicked - Pantera

Gooj joke¡¡¡¡ Are you sure Luca Turilli and company have the level to perform Evolution, i mean, i dont see Rhapsodys bassist playing Leponds lines.

Metallica¡¡¡¡¡:erk::erk::erk: Do you want to hear Sins and Shadows, with the horrible voice of Metalllicas songer, give me a break¡¡¡¡

James Labrie:erk::erk: singing: ¡¡Raise my minions from the deep of this abyss¡¡¡¡ ????? It would kill my ears :yell:

Grom Hellscream said:
Imagine...
Year 2008.

I'd like to hear :
1. Evolution - Rhapsody
3. Egypt - Dream Theater
6. Inferno - Evergrey
8. Wicked - Pantera

LOL you are funny dude. ARK wouldnt have Jorn back after all the shite he pulled on them. Rhapsody is just a joke in general. Metallica will be retired. Pantera just plain stopped makin music together. By 2008 at the rate LaBrie is goin he wouldnt be able to hold a not for more than 2 seconds.

In actuallity, i cant see any Symphony X song being covered

I think that the idea of a tribute album is to have bands do good versions of the songs, but to put their own personality into the song, so I think that almost all of the suggestions are good. (An Opeth-style version of Dressed to Kill would be freaky. Mellow acoustic on the verses, then crunchy guitar and growling on the chorus.)

The only one I really have an issue with is Metallica being on there. I mean, don't the bands have to actually be able to basically play the songs? I'm tired of ripping Metallica apart for that "St. Wanker" farce, so I'll just leave it at that. :)

Yeah, Rhapsody would be great for Out of the Ashes. I'm imagining it right now, and it sounds pretty good! :)

Of course, it'll never be as good as the original, but interesting versions would be a lot of fun.

How about a reggae tribute to Symphony X? Out of the "Ashes" would take on a whole new meaning...(You know, the whole pot-smoking Rasta man thing. Yes, I know. Explaining an joke ruins the joke.)