A Tribute to Symphony X

Hyoukinmono said:
I think that the idea of a tribute album is to have bands do good versions of the songs, but to put their own personality into the song, so I think that almost all of the suggestions are good. (An Opeth-style version of Dressed to Kill would be freaky. Mellow acoustic on the verses, then crunchy guitar and growling on the chorus.)

The only one I really have an issue with is Metallica being on there. I mean, don't the bands have to actually be able to basically play the songs? I'm tired of ripping Metallica apart for that "St. Wanker" farce, so I'll just leave it at that. :)
Kirk Hammett is actually much better than he lets on in Metallica. I doubt he would be able to play the first solo in "Of Sins and Shadows" properly, but he wouldn't have trouble with the second solo.

Macy said:
I don't want any of those bands covering our precious Symphony X. That's dishonouring them (except maybe Arjen) . I could list some bands that I conscider would do a great job but they ain't metal. The one that always gives me the biggest chill is the singe. Come one, who could ever do justice to Russell's voice!?

Arjen could of course take all SyX as guest musicians:tickled:

About Metallica, I don't like them.
I just want them to cover SX song, because ,as Macy has said, that's dishonouring them. (Sorry all Metallica lovers, if we have such).

And , of course, it was a joke about tribute to SX. So don't take it too seriously :)