A very good new band

Fig Leaves I enjoyed very much. You got something in there, but you are dangerously near to sounding like a certain swedish band (no, I don't mean ABBA), and that's something you don't want to compete with. Also, production... I know it's a self-produced album, but still. You should have asked me to mix it =)

One other thing that comes to mind, your singer, he's got a lot of potential, he just sounds a bit insecure, careful if you will. He sounds like he's holding back a bit. Marko might be able to specify here if he can arsed to listen to a song or two from his regained busy rock-star life.

With Last Hope, I don't know what you were trying to do, but I don't think it worked. The keyboard melody was very annoying and sometimes the vocals sounded like they were from a different song.

Keep it up guys! You really got something awesome in there.

Oh, almost forgot this. Thank you guys for the comments!

I also think that Fig Leaves came off very well and its structure is somewhat the most normal we've ever done. What do you mean by that certain band? POS? By the way, our next release could include some Abba influences since I've been listening them a lot lately :D

Last Hope was a bit on/off song since the beginning, but I think it turned out great on the record. I'm not so amazed when some people find that keyboard melody very annoying :p But that was really the thing that got us going for the song since it was a lot different in the beginning.

Album was indeed mixed by our singer and he said few weeks after release that perhaps he should have done some more work with it after all, but what the heck. I know it was a really heavy thing to work on, and we're all quite satisfied with the result. But maybe someday we'll hire you to remix the whole shit? About 60 tracks / song :cool:

Curiously waiting for Marko's thoughts about the vocal performance :) If you think Antti is holding back on singing, check out our latest band: http://www.clockparadoxband.com Some rough rehearsal stuff can be found..

1st Red Lines Entwined -review: http://www.finnish-metal.net/index2.php?page=reviews/reviews_d_depthbeyondonesredlinesentwined
Must be most the comprehensive review we've ever gotten, which is nice.

Aww fuck what would I know about the vocs :D The cleans sound good to me, I can understand Matti's point about holding back, but I find no problem there. His style of singing seems to be that he avoids metallic head resonance. A bit more of that could make things easier for him though.

Aww fuck what would I know about the vocs :D The cleans sound good to me, I can understand Matti's point about holding back, but I find no problem there. His style of singing seems to be that he avoids metallic head resonance. A bit more of that could make things easier for him though.

Yeah. Antti is no longer in DBO, anyone interested taking his place? :cool:
There's also changes to guitar department, we'll see what happens..

Meanwhile check out my other band's stuff @ http://www.clockparadoxband.com. We managed to release two promo cd's this year.