A Very Important Video to See

Alec Walter Conway

Mother North's Lover
Jun 14, 2006
VINLAND (Montreal)
Its about global climate change.

Takes 10 minutes.

Very important stuff, take the time to watch it, please.

And now that you've watched it, **spread it**, tell people you know about it, get them to watch it, and tell them to spread it as well.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll spread it..tho I must admit that I find the idea of living in a post-apocalyptic (well... post-breakdown of society or whatever:D) society quite appealing. But that's just me.

Those who take this video as "we're doomed anyway" kind of mood, then obviously you either weren't paying the slightest bit of attention or you didn't listen to it all the way to the end. This is a video based on hope, telling the listener that if enough people become aware of the state of things for real, and not just "yea yea I know about climate change", then things CAN change and we CAN try to work on lessening the effects as much as we can.

Like he says, we can either start and try to fix our shit now or we can wait 20 years and go into a rush and a panic trying to save our asses cause we were too effing deaf to do something about it earlier.

Think on this.

And spread the word.

Surprisingly I watched all of that ^_^
Good video, it just makes so much sense. I'll be sure to forward that to some people.

Those who take this video as "we're doomed anyway" kind of mood, then obviously you either weren't paying the slightest bit of attention or you didn't listen to it all the way to the end.
very interesting video indeed, but I believe that most people are being paranoid about global warming and radical climate change. it's part of living on a planet, do you know that, for some strange reason, Earth hasn't been struck by a devastating comet/asteroid for too long? or that the next, natural, ice age is also delayed mysteriously? I'm saying that if we don't mess up our planet with technology, nature will anyway, and there's no stopping to it.

I do play too much fallout yeah. And watch too many post-apocalypse flicks.:/

I suppose the lonely guy wandering in the wastelands on your avatar is some dude from one of those Post-Apocalyptic movies/games as well? I suggest, in case you haven't done so already, you should watch this tv show called Jericho, it's about a small town in Kansas, they find out that the US is being attacked by nuclear weapons by an enemy still unknown. the first season ends at an amazing cliffhanger.

Fallout 2:) And hey thanks for the suggestion, but I've already seen the show, watched the whole first season regularly and yeah it was great show. It was actually canceled tho after the first season, but fan outrage caused the ones responsible to change their minds. So we'll be getting 7 more episodes pretty soon I guess and after that if the show holds up ratings-wise I guess we'll see a full season. Maybe more? Fingers crossed!

very interesting video indeed, but I believe that most people are being paranoid about global warming and radical climate change. it's part of living on a planet, do you know that, for some strange reason, Earth hasn't been struck by a devastating comet/asteroid for too long? or that the next, natural, ice age is also delayed mysteriously? I'm saying that if we don't mess up our planet with technology, nature will anyway, and there's no stopping to it.

Yes, I've read quite a fair bit about those subjects, (ice ages, floods and volcanic eruptions mostly, but I am also aware of the asteroid/comet statistics), I've notably been through the book Fingerprints of the Gods, by Graham Hancock, where those cataclysm possibilities are explained extensively by the author.

But with global climate change, we're not talking about "100% natural" catastrophe, we're talking about something we crapped up on our own, us brilliant brilliant humans. And I say we best try and fix what we crapped up before its too late and all we can do is sit back and watch, fingers crossed, hoping the nasty consequences won't be too important.

EDIT: Did you know ice ages might not be what we think they actually are? There's a theory called "earth crust displacement theory" that stipulates that the last "ice age", around 17-8 000 BC, was a totally normal period as far as climate is concerned. The ice DID come down all the way to Wisconsin and London and all, but thats not because the Earth was colder, but rather, according to this theory, because the Earth's crust wasn't positioned in the same way. Let me explain more clearly.

The Earth's crust is a roughly 30 miles thick crust of rock. Right beneath this crust, on top of the inner mantle, is a thin layer of magma that acts as a lubricant, letting the crust slide along, allowing the phenomenon of plate tectonics to happens. That's common knowledge, nowadays.

Now, take the ice cap in Antarctica. A very large, very thick, very HEAVY chunk of ice, that presses upon the Earth's crust, locked with the piece of crust it rests upon. All this ice certainly is not distributed equally upon all the surface of the antarctic continent. This is also agreed on as common knowledge.

Now think 2 seconds. The Earth spins rather fast on its axis, doesn't it? At its equator, it is roughly 24 900 miles, 40 000 km. It spins 360 degrees in 24 hours. That gives us an equatorial rotation speed of roughly 1050 miles per hour, 1650 km per hour. Now that's a lot of movement energy that's stored in the planet's mass, including in the crust itself. Still common knowledge.

Now's where the Earth Crust Displacement theory comes in. We just saw that we have a spheroid planet that spins at high speed, that has a rather thin crust on its surface, that this crust rests upon a layer of magma that acts as a lubricant, allowing movement, and that on the southern end of this crust, we have a *massive* amount of ice with its mass unevenly distributed around the pole, this mass being dug into the crust by sheer force of gravity.

I'm sure most people here have already heard of centrifugal forces? We get that when we spin something. Now we're talking about the Earth spinning at high speed, and we have a chunk of mass that, according to centrifugal forces physics, should tend to shift its most massive section towards the equator, the point of centrifugal equilibrium.

We're talking about the whole crust responding to centrifugal forces and shifting around in one big movement, displacing everything on its surface according to whatever the centrifugal physics require. That's precisely what the Earth Crust Displacement theory proposes. And even more than that, it proposes that during the last "ice age", the glaciers came all the way down to Wisconsin and London simply because those areas were located much more to the north than they are today. The north pole would actually have lain somewhere in the Canadian arctic islands, rather close to the mainland's shore.

So what this would mean is that there always is an ice age, just not at the same place all the time. Right now, the ice age is in Antarctica -- this continent having supposedly been place much farther from the south pole before the last displacement that we associate with the last "ice age", the long peninsula west of the Weddell sea supposedly having been in the area nowadays occupied by Argentina and southern Brazil.

All this is only theoretical, I know, but it explains a lot of mysteries, such as those Mammoth carcasses found frozen in siberia, some of the animals still having food in their belly (this food being plants that cant possibly grow in siberian climate), having seemingly frozen in place as they ran mindlessly for their life -- before the displacement, Siberia would've been further south, in a temperate climate zone, thus allowing for the above-mentionned food plants to grow.

And get this, in Fingerprints of the Gods, the author specifies that plant remains have been found in the ice of Antarctica, just at the right locations according to the Earth Crust Displacement theory and the position Antarctica should've occupied before the last displacement, 12 000 years ago.

I want to specify here that I can get you all the sources you want, Mr. Hancock, the author of Fingerprints, having provided the readers with roughly 100 pages of notes and sources.

Anyway, I just find that overall, Earth Crust Displacement is a very sensible and logical theory.

Now a bit of extrapolation from my part. Don't quote me on that, I'm just having fun lol.

The 23 of december 2012, date of massive planetary alignement in our solar system, end of the "5th Sun" according to the Maya Long Count Calendar. This could mean gravitational stress of great importance for our planet, thus possibly allowing for such a displacement to happen again. According to my rough and very un-professionnal estimates, I'm guessing the massive chunk of Antarctica situated south of the Indian Ocean could be sent sliding up north, sending Russia into the North pole, sending southern Chile and Argentina into the antarctic circle, and Mexico at the level of the equator. Thats just fancy estimates though, I don't pretend to know nearly enough to be able to say such stuff ;)

That's kinda cool Alec, apparently you've seriously done some research about this whole thing and I think this Earth Crust Displacement theory is very interesting (hadn't heard of it before though). but the idea that there's always an ice age, right now being at the South Pole, is pretty radical. sounds like we have to wait till 2012 to really put this theory to the test (whether we're gonna like the consequences if it's true, or not..)

@Vampyrian: you should check out (again, in case you haven't done so already..) this site: Post-Apocalyptic Media
they have listed a lot of cool movies and books, some of which I have seen, or am currently seeking, being a bit of a pa-paranoid myself as well, tbh..
one of my all-time favorite movies is Hardware, a low-budget movie from the early 90's, about a disassembled robot found in the radioactive deserts of a post-nuke world. It wasn't until I read an interview with Ketil Eggum, the guitarist of Red Harvest, who suggested that movie, before I searched the internet and came across that PA-Media website. you should check that band out, the lyrics of some songs are about some crazy shit of the whole human/machine thing, aliens, radiation and the apocalypse in general.
HyBreed, released in 1996, is easily in my top10 of favourite albums ever.

With our short,transitory lives,i am still amazed at mans' monolithic arrogance.His unmitigated gall to take the world upon his frail shoulders.Believing the meager iniquities of the existence of the human race,and how it may trespass upon a thing;a thing to which we are nothing more than a moment,a blink of an eye,in its cosmic lifespan.....Burning all the fossil fuels all at once:200 years,the plastic bag upon the ground:500 years,the massive tempered steel structures:1200 years,all out nuclear warfare and complete decimation of everything:50,000 years.To the earth,less than the blink of an eye.Our lives: 73 years.

The earth/galaxy/universe will continue on,indifferent of what we do.This plight for the earth is for ones own self.And the bed YOU lay in,the widow YOU look out or the self that YOU loathe.

I wonder if the creatures that dominated the earth during the 77 million years during the cretaceous period would have took upon themselves such a burden if they had the sentience to do so.I hope not ,because it wouldnt of mattered.Just time wasted in their short,transitory lives.So i must part sharply here with you Alec...........I only have 39 years left.

@Vampyrian: you should check out (again, in case you haven't done so already..) this site: Post-Apocalyptic Media
they have listed a lot of cool movies and books, some of which I have seen, or am currently seeking, being a bit of a pa-paranoid myself as well, tbh..
one of my all-time favorite movies is Hardware, a low-budget movie from the early 90's, about a disassembled robot found in the radioactive deserts of a post-nuke world. It wasn't until I read an interview with Ketil Eggum, the guitarist of Red Harvest, who suggested that movie, before I searched the internet and came across that PA-Media website. you should check that band out, the lyrics of some songs are about some crazy shit of the whole human/machine thing, aliens, radiation and the apocalypse in general.
HyBreed, released in 1996, is easily in my top10 of favourite albums ever.

A pal of mine actually recommended 'Hardware' just two weeks ago, but I haven't put much effort in finding it from then on. But I did find it just now and it certainly does seem to have an interesting premise. I will check out Red Harvest aswell, thanks for the suggestions!