A Welcome, A Thank You and Some Information...

Chris-RZ

Nov 18, 2002
Virginia, USA
www.readingzero.com
Hey Gang,
Thanks for coming by and visiting our new forum. This forum is a place where we can interact with our fans, which many times most bands are unable to do. We will be checking out this forum and trying to answer anything we can.

We are currently having the Reading Zero site revamped, as you can probably see. It should be up and in working order very soon. We have locked down the designing services of Deron Blevins of Metal Ages to do this, as well as have his store be our official RZ merchandise carrier. He will carry exclusive items that are only available through our site, like the extremely limited Edition "Next Stage" 4 song sampler/demo CD, RZ Mousepad, RZ T-shirts and other unique merchandise. So we greatly appreciate your support of both our site and Metalages.com!

With Reading Zero filling a slot at ProgPower USA III and being in the midst of writing new material that is easily the tightest and heaviest of our careers, it's easy to be excited for 2003, as it approaches.

I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank all of those that lent their support to us at ProgPower USA III. We were by far the least known band on the bill and as much as that can be a benefit to gaining a new audience, it also made us the underdogs of the festival. This year's event in particular leaned to a more Power Metal likened audience, but many gave us the benefit of the doubt stayed around to check us out, as well as our hardcore fans making plenty of noise. I cannot tell you what this meant to us in words, but know that we appreciate that more than you will ever know.

Since some have asked... the song list for RZ's PPUSA III set was... please disregard any and all sarcasm and replace it with a soft puppy.

#1 ...And Never To Return
--Off Of 'The Actual' and the first time we have played that song live in over 4 years. We recorded a special intro for this performance that was a bit bigger than the original and had some very cool movie voice samples over it. Anyone catch them or can name what movie it was from?

#2 Scene Unseen
--A favorite of many from 'Satellite Sessions'. A little more aggressive than some of the other choices. I was told that we would be shot on sight, if we did not play this one. Since we are all allergic to bullets, we slipped it in.

#3 Strategy
--A favorite of many from 'The Actual'. It's actually quite a busy song that contains many different musical elements. It certainly keeps me busy on bass, while trying to sing. We really enjoy playing this one live and it always seems to sound good or at least that's what our psychic friends at the network told us.

#4 To Hold An Angel
--A new song from our Next Stage Demo that showcases a different side of RZ. A very personal song for me and something we thought would that much more separate us from other musical daily events. It even has some of those 'Bon Jovi-hold your lighters in the air' moments.

#5 New Worlds
--A Great live song from 'Satellite Sessions' that has some of the signature RZ harmonies that people come to expect from our live performances and let's not forget a solid, yet unique groove that people who have never heard us before seem to enjoy.

#6 Amongst The Clouds
--I would have alot of people to answer to had we not played this one. This is pretty much a staple in our set and usually gets the most audience participation. We played the full album version, which includes a longer middle instrumental section. Always fun to play! Joel usually breaks a string at some point in this song, but he decided not to do that this year to many people's dismay.

#7 The Next Stage
--Another new song from the new demo of the same name. We had a good friend of ours, Mike of Evergrey, join us on Bass for this one. The only issue we ended up having was that the bass tech had a problem getting Mike plugged into the bass before he had to be out-front playing. It actually added a funny Spinal Tap moment to our set(can't ever have too many of those). We opted out of the 'Stonehenge' model lowering from th ceiling, because we felt that one of the Power Metal bands might have done it for real later that night and then be upset. This was the first time I sang without an instrument in my hand in front of an audience in my life. You know what they say, 'It's always best to face your fears in front of a thousand of your closest friends.' Wait... nobody ever said that!? I actually enjoyed it quite a bit... a little freedom to move around. I just wish the security barrier wasn't there, so I could have had even more contact with the audience.

Either way, a GREAT time was had!!
...And there you have it.

Keep your eyes on the site and this forum, because RZ news will be heard first in those 2 places.

We bow to your unwavering support of the band and never forget who our true friends/fans really are.

Cheers,
Chris Roy
READING ZERO
http://www.readingzero.com

"It's all about the metal!" \m/ \m/

Reading Zero was a definite highlight of the festival. The Next Stage was a great surprise, as it is one of my favorites.

I also had the chance to meet Chris Roy as well as Russ Pellrin which was a highlight. Truth be told, after that marathon interview I ran in my webzine several months ago (the one with all the grammatical errors) I was wondering if Chris would be happy to see me at all:)

Seriously, RZ is a fantastic band whose material continues to grow on you after each listen. I applaud their sincerity and the tenacity!

adam aka rhavin2112

Chris,

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the update. I really enjoyed Satellite Sessions, and am looking forward to some new material. Good to see that you guys have some space here on UM, you deserve every bit of exposure you can get. Also, I belong to a few other forums, and I write reviews for one, in particular. The objectives of my reviews on this forum are to give exposure to adventurous bands that are pushing the boundries, taking chances, and putting out quality music. I feel that Reading Zero meets all of the aforementioned criteria, therefore, I am going to do a review of Satellite Sessions. I will make sure to refer people to your forum here and the website. It may not be much, but I will do everything I can to give you guys the exposure you so rightfully deserve. Take care, be well, and thank you once again for the update.