"AA" searching!!

Oct 31, 2004
Italy
HI!!
I don't know if there are other topics like that (I think not),
so I wuold ask if you can give me the names of other bands like AA (or like Thyrfing)
I'm sure that no bands can reach our AA! They are the best!
But ...anyway...try to tell me something! thanks thanks

well we've talked a little while ago about a viking death metal band called UNLEASHED which i find is pretty good... i only know the last album called Sworn allegiance which is cool, aparently the band's first 3 albums are really good too..
but for bands like thryrfing which are more Viking/folk metal there's also one of the most famous ones: Finntroll
you should also try out Einherjer, it has clear vocals though.. :p
and i personnally like Nordisches Blut, its more black metalish... and there are many others :cool:

Celtik Militia said:
well we've talked a little while ago about a viking death metal band called UNLEASHED which i find is pretty good... i only know the last album called Sworn allegiance which is cool, aparently the band's first 3 albums are really good too..
but for bands like thryrfing which are more Viking/folk metal there's also one of the most famous ones: Finntroll
you should also try out Einherjer, it has clear vocals though.. :p
and i personnally like Nordisches Blut, its more black metalish... and there are many others :cool:

Unleashed sound reminds me "nothing" of AA sound. Unleashed, those were the good old days, aaahhhh, I miss the early ninties or perhaps I'm just getting old.

months not complete without another "similar bands to aa" thread.
i guess battlesword... but they kinda suck. they just sound like they are trying to copy.

something similar to thyrfing..... just stick with thyrfing. you cant beat that :D

Here's a list someone posted here a while back:

Amon Amarth (duh)
Finntroll
Kaliban
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Mithotyn
Thyrfing
Manegarm
Falkenbach
Vintersorg (Till Fjalls & Odemarkens Son)
Suidakra (!)
Elvenking
Skyclad
Skyforger
Forefather (!)
Summoning
Axamenta
Dagorlad
Bal-Sagoth
Adorned Brood
Alleigance (sweden)
Unleashed (older)
Enslaved (older)
Goat of Mendes
Thundra
Turisas
Rakoth
(very old) Ulver
Storm
Twin Obscenity
Hrossharsgrani
Isengard (from Norway mind you)
In Extremo
Belenos
Himinbjorg
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (RAWK!)
Raventhrone
Windir
Newer Graveland... sorta
Primordial
Cruachan
Waylander
Falconer
old Ragnarok (nor- their first cd Nattferd)
Ragnarok (uk)
Menhir (HAIL!)
Ordo Draconis
Cadacross
Ancient Rites
Bathory (duh)
Borknagar (the older stuff only)
Einherjer
Fall of the Leafe
Absu (some will see where Im coming from here...)
Forlorn
Hin Onde
Helheim (if you like your VM to blow ass...)
Kampfar
Belinus
Otyg (duh)
Trollheims Grott (in an odd way...)
Ajattara
Runic
Bran Barr
Shadowbreed
Slough Feg (The Lord Weird Slough Feg actually... weird one here)
Tuatha De Danaan
& Insomnium

interesting though, those bands are topically similar to AA. I have yet to see a band with a really similar sound though. Battlesword rips them off, and burden of grief, maybe a little, but really AA's brand of death metal is fairly unique.

recycle.jpg

There is a sweden band called Portal that I haven't heard them yet, but I've read that is something similar to AA. Has anybody heard them?

I dont know all the bands on the lists you people post, but i get the feeling none of them sound anything like AA.

Face it, AA's sound and lyrics have a unique quality to them that i find other bands harldy even come close to.

asmallchild said:
I dont know all the bands on the lists you people post, but i get the feeling none of them sound anything like AA.

Face it, AA's sound and lyrics have a unique quality to them that i find other bands harldy even come close to.

I suggest you open yr ears then because there are dozens of really talented bands out there, with very unique sound. Lucky enough not all of them are signed on metalblade.

Other bands out their with talent and a unique sound? No shit. I was reffering to the other bands ppl listed saying they sound like AA, they dont.

Belgar said:
I suggest you open yr ears then because there are dozens of really talented bands out there, with very unique sound. Lucky enough not all of them are signed on metalblade.
Yeah NO SHIT. For once, I'll have to agree with you there. the world does not consist of AA.

asmallchild said:
Other bands out their with talent and a unique sound? No shit. I was reffering to the other bands ppl listed saying they sound like AA, they dont.
This was in reply to you saying that "Face it, AA's sound and lyrics have a unique quality to them that i find other bands harldy even come close to." which is utterly wrong. Hence I suggest you start listening to bands other than bands available on big labels. In case you haven't done so already. Apparently you have not because most bands we listed didn't sound familiar to you.

AA's sound is unique, but AA is not the only band out there that has talent or for that matter captures the "viking" theme so well.