About a MySpace bulletin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame the dude. I doubt he's concerned with the 'goblin' thing to do.

Regardless, I'm sure the band will handle it.

Well, I'll put it this way... We're all in college and barely even playing shows.... Amelie is on Warped Tour next year and is getting scouted by major labels.

There were other issues too - first off, we have ambiguous band roles with Duddy and Nicky kind of competing for the front-man role, even though Nicky's far away right now, eventually it's gonna become an issue. Second, Duddy lives 200 miles away and has to commute to be a part of the band. It was very taxing on him and his bank account, to sit through 4 hours of Los Angeles traffic in order to play a show in front of 20 people. The catalyst for this is us signing a deal, and he had to really make a decision to commit or not. More info about the deal is forthcoming, we're just finishing up details.

We all still love the guy, and he's still one of my best friends, but it just wasn't going to work out. By the way, all the Amelie stuff on their myspace is like, 2 years old. The new stuff with Duddy sounds more prog and a bit heavier. I wish them the best. BTW if you haven't yet, check out Duddy in his element .

-Timbus

Last edited by a moderator:
MetalHeads don't take off for whiny Indie bands. It's disgraceful.

Disgraceful to ignorant people who only listen to one type of music.

Edit: And best of luck to Duddy, as well as the rest of Nekro. Tales of this signing make me think of better things for the band, so with or without Alex, it's a step in the right direction.

Dude, let me tell you something. This is a Metal forum. If you're not a metal head, you need to get out.

As for the point of the topic...

So... Duddy and Von Doom both live a long ways from where the band is. That's a bit crucial to the band.
Amelie is an Indie band... and they hopefully sound better and heavier now with Duddy.
And the Goblins just landed a record deal.

1]So who's going to be the frontman? If the current two are always a long ways off, then you're gonna need to find someone a bit closer.
2] What are you even in college for? Getting a degree in what? I say you drop college and pursue a life career in metal. But, you know, that's just a fan's opinion.

CI: Please don't be an elitist. We kicked Jason out of the band for that bullshit "either-for-us-or-against-us" attitude.

1] I'm going to front the band with Alex Alereza handling backup duties until Nicky can join us full time, and then he'll be the front-man. When Nicky joins, the vocals live will match the album recordings.

2] I'm 5 months away from a bachelor's in computer science, Eddie's a year and half away from a bachelor's in percussion performance, Alex A. is a year and a half away from a bachelor's in psychology (but unless the band blows up, he's going to pursue grad school), and Austin is doing physics, I think.

I did think about dropping out of college, but that wouldn't accomplish much as the other band members are still studying. Not only that, there's no money in metal and not everyone wants to be a career musician.

CI, let me tell you something. It's possible to enjoy metal, as well as indie, as well as hip hop, as well as grind, as well as punk, as well as classical, as well as anything else. Look at my last.fm. My top ten artists include Nekrogoblikon, Brand New, The Beatles, and Minor Threat. I listen to Moonsorrow and Einherjer in the same day that I listen to the fucking Grease soundtrack. If that discredits me as a metal head then good, because honestly, the term metal head is almost discredited in itself thanks you people like you.

Tim, it's good you chose not to drop out. Nekro certainly isn't a run-of-the-mill metal act, but regardless, there's not much sense in looking for a living off a band, especially when you're just negotiating your first record deal now. Best of luck, though. Can't wait to hear the officials on it.

Edit: And best of luck to Duddy, as well as the rest of Nekro. Tales of this signing make me think of better things for the band, so with or without Alex, it's a step in the right direction.

The whole term you used "listening to one type of music" is effin bullsh*t. I mean. When you're listening to other bands, Whether or not the same genre. It's different. Different lyrics. all music has it's roots. Metal, has it's roots from 15th Century classical. So in some the sense your listening to Metal AND Classical. Kinda like your listening to 2 different kinds of music.

And there is nothing wrong with being opinionated about disliking something else for instance, I dislike you and your faggot attitude. As CI dislikes emo. And I dislike emo.

The fuck? Nekrogoblikon is a friggin insane metal band, and there's no way it was influenced by non metal stuff.
Kicked Jason out? Well, that's his problem. I'm just a die hard fan. You can't kick me out of fanship.

Dylan: I'm gonna speak my mind. You have got to be the faggiest person on the face of the planet right now. Really, you cannot listen to Hip Hop along with Metal. There's so much difference. You obviously are one of those Jewish people who don't give a shit about what they listen to. 'Anything is fine for me' is so worthless. Music is an art. You have to breath it and live it to truly know what it is and what its differences are, unlike some.
Metal being discredited thanks to people like me? You know what? I'm fucking proud of that.

I feel like being an ass today.

So hold on a second, you're going to tell the guitarist of Nekrogoblikon, what his own band is and isn't inspired by? And are you in any way aware of the term folk metal? Is there not at least a hint of folk in Nekrogoblikon's music? What about hardcore? I heard a few breakdowns here and there. What about the synth, a fucking gigantic component of the band?

And you can go ahead and speak your mind all you want, but speaking your mind doesn't automatically make you right. You can call me faggy, you can call me anything you want, but just know that it's you who looks like the pretentious asshole. Really, I can listen to hip hop with metal. In fact, I can listen to it at the same time when I put on Anthrax and Public Enemy. And no, I'm not Jewish, and no, I don't exactly give a shit what I'm listening to as long as I like it. I'm a musician. I play three instruments. I played in a metal band, I play in a jazz ensemble, I jam funk, I jam blues, I play Latin, and swing, and you know what? At the end of the day, I'm the one who gets a satisfaction from doing something that I love. If you get that same satisfaction from listening to metal, or playing it, then rad, but you're in no fucking position to tell me that liking, and respecting music regardless of it's image or genre makes me any less of a music fan than you, because ultimately, I think most people would agree that I'm the one who's actually being true to myself. You can love what you love, but please, fuck yourself with a knife before telling me that I don't know what it is to live and breathe music again.

The whole term you used "listening to one type of music" is effin bullsh*t. I mean. When you're listening to other bands, Whether or not the same genre. It's different. Different lyrics. all music has it's roots. Metal, has it's roots from 15th Century classical. So in some the sense your listening to Metal AND Classical. Kinda like your listening to 2 different kinds of music.

And there is nothing wrong with being opinionated about disliking something else for instance, I dislike you and your faggot attitude. As CI dislikes emo. And I dislike emo.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. Your over speculation only proved that a.) metal isn't only consistent of pure MEHTUL, and b.) you're trying to hard.

Oh, and next time you try and be witty, think up a more original insult than faggot. This time, you didn't try hard enough.

Pwned by Dylan! I totally agree your point Dylan, it's exactly what I think me too.

Personally, I don't really appreciate Emo's typical fans (make your own image), but I can't deny that hardcore and emocore have some awesome riffs or songs. My point is to don't stop your mind at the genre of music, just listen it, you can be surprise.

just so everyone knows, a lot of the bands influence comes from

POP PUNK

TRANCE

DANCE

FOLK

CLASSICAL

80's MUSIC

POP

RAP

IDM

ETC

Anyone who thinks they're gonna write good music with one influence can pretty much just give up.

To Dylan:

I'm well aware of the part that has "Folk" in "Folk Metal"
But you have to hear the last part of that word
"Folk Metal"
As other Genre's Like Gore Metal, Such as Cannibal Corpse or something like that, is influenced by "Gore"
and Good Black metal is influenced by Cultural Material. But other bands have other things that may give them there virtual side of what they want. Bands do not, However, Walk out of nowhere with a buncha guys and say "hey dudes lets be some aweeeesoooommeeee death meeeetal band d000000d". I guess some bands do. but I'm just pointing out that originally. That was the case.

And I'm not here to fight with you about originality.
I just don't like you.
=P
You're a pretty suckup. From what I've known for the past few days after seeing your posts.
You completely bash anything CI says. Not like it matters to me. But It seems like if it's not your way. You don't like it.

Blahhh.

Nekrogoblikon will find a better vocalist in the future for live performance.
It's only a shame about Alex.
Nekrogoblikon kicked ass before him, They kicked ass with him, and they will continue to kick "Butt" without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.