About Bergtatt

Mantis

Naturmistikk & Folktale
Jul 18, 2003
Eburum
Visit site
Just discussing this topic

1. In the 4th song there are female vocals and in the 3th a piano, do you think that more female vocals and pianos would made this album better, I mean in the "Pigen" parts

2. why the title of the 2th song is "soelen gaar bag aase ned" and in the song is "sola gaaer bak aase ned"

3. anyone has the translation of what is written on the back in old danish?

Mantis

1. I think it's just about right, I wouldn't want more or less.
2. I think the first is more formal while the second is older/more dialectal
3. Write it down here and I'll translate it, I'mm too lazy to go check and I don't remember it all.

1. No, I wouldn't change a thing about Bergtatt.

2. I don't know.

3. All musick composed by Ulver
All Text & Lyricks created by Garm and transcribed to archaic Danish by AiwarikiaR
Flute and Maiden's voice by Lill Kathrine Stensrud
Piano by Mr. Sverd
Cover painting by our most honoured Ms. Tanya "Nacht" Stene

Ulver is an honest Rendition of Feelinges & Thoughts directed towards the Dæmonick Powers and the Darkness of the Nighte. We hold stronge Convicktions that Beings exist that appear in other Shapes and under different Circumstances than those we Humans are generally ackustomed to. Through Ulver, we have tried to draw a musickall Picture of a different Realitie: A Mythickall Worlde of Phantasie that will not fade, change, or sink into Oblivion. I sincerely hope that the wordes written down throughout the darke, long Autumn Nightes of the year 1994 era vulgaris will prove to be a just Ackompaniment to the Musickall Atmospheres...
My aim has been to create an overwhelminglie melancholick & sorrowfull Folk Tale originating in the olden Poetrie of Norway. The Legends of abducktion are a distinctlie Norwegian field, where the evill Powers mark themselves stronger than in any other Myth wherein Creatures from The Other Side partake in influencing the lives of Humans - Ulver's art form is meant to emphasise preciselie these gloomy & grimm, yet at the same time ravishinglie enchanting aspects of Norwegian Folklore.
The Traditions of abducktion varie much in narrational form, but a common theme is the Belieffe that people who disappeared in olden Times, had been beckoned into the Mountaine - in order to engage in a life-long Marriage with Huldra* - through a fatal meeting with the Inhabitants of the Netherworlde. The only effective way to save the spellbound vicktim back to the Worlde outside was to chime with Church-Bells outside the place in question. Aye, let us keep these mountains' depraving Doors eternallie shut - the Spell must never be broken! Turn your back on Christianitie.

Beware the Light of Day...

Garm
* A Creature from Norwegian folklore. In the shape of a fair Maiden, she would lure Men into the Realms of the Netherworld.

Thanx Adrian, it's what I was looking for, anyway, have u got also the ones from kveldssanger e nattens madrigal?

Mantis

Mantis said:
Thanx Adrian, it's what I was looking for, anyway, have u got also the ones from kveldssanger e nattens madrigal?

Mantis
Nattens has the translation in the booklet. I'm getting this from an old GMD thread I saved ages ago by the way, I can only speak English. :p

”Kveldssanger” is a musical project, based on the Nordic Folkloric believes’ gloomy times. Yet this is not a traditional Folkmusic release, but a Neofolkish adjustment of the feelings, we carry with the magical and mystical elements of older culturesteps. Here we try to paint the “naturemystical” (harshly translated, sort of like; the mystical nature) and trollish atmosphere via pure acoustic instruments, and what you hear here, is a result of fine evenings where we have been in a creative yearning of Norway’s old magnificent history, fairytale-like Nature and the trollbinding (spellbinding maybe?) stories she mediates.
The Romatic history of the country (not 100% on this), that arose in the old germandic country at the end of the 18ths century, has made a big impact on this Album, with fine toning of the free fantasy and ability to paint & enthrall a connection between the emotion, and the middleage’s view of live & the folk cultural-life.
Even though the sadness and the mystic manifests itself strongly throughout all of “Kveldsjanger”, one will find simple Compositions that are different than mentioned abode, but fresh, romantic Elements & epic harmonies. These are put forward to commit visual impulses in the listeners mind – and to spare the person in question from being left with no impression, without having felt the Richness in what we try to express.
But, in a whole, we have kept to the Nowegian Emotions & Atmosphere, and this release is not given any indication of locality. The music that is performed here, is essentially a remedy to give the Listener’s Fantasy Wings to the old fairytalecountry in their Minds.
Watch Out for the Light During the Day.
Garm
The ”Eveningsongs” are dedicated to the Dark-powers.