Bak De Syv Fjell

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
Yes, so this is old news, but the sole 7" ("From Haavardstun" c/w "De Siste Tankar") released by this Norwegian folk metal band (consisting of Kvitrafn from Gorgoroth and Haavard, Taake session) is absolutely some of the best stuff in the genre ever, especially side B. I've listened to it probably 20 times today and last night, it RULES. Imagine something like the first song on Ulver "Bergtatt" only with different vocals (all clean, male and female) and you're close. Simply amazing. Oh what the hell, here's an MP3:

http://nw.ath.cx/~erik/b1_Bak_De_Syv_Fjell-De_Siste_Tanker-Bak_De_Syv_Fjell-7-AMRC.mp3

A lot of people should love this. For example, if Marksveld hasn't heard this yet, he should probably make sure he has some clean underwear to change to before putting on the MP3.

the male vocals bugged me a bit too, female ones seemed fine.

overall, pretty good, but near the top of the genre? i hope this wasn't from the stronger side of the EP

Erik said:
A lot of people should love this. For example, if Marksveld hasn't heard this yet, he should probably make sure he has some clean underwear to change to before putting on the MP3.

You definitely know what my tastes are- I'm on the sixth listen and I can definitely say that this is what music should sound like.

This is fucking amazing, I thank you for the reccomendation Erik. This is giving me all sorts of inspiration...

Marksveld said:
You definitely know what my tastes are- I'm on the sixth listen and I can definitely say that this is what music should sound like.

This is fucking amazing, I thank you for the reccomendation Erik. This is giving me all sorts of inspiration...

Weird, I usually go for the kind of stuff this guy goes for... I shall listen again!

Hey, personal tastes are personal tastes. I'm sure there's stuff you like that I would totally not enjoy. I need to locate this EP... if anyone sees it on eBay or something- PLEASE let me know!!!

Yea, but when it comes to folky stuff like this, we're generally in line. I'm not saying I'll force myself to like it just cause you to, but it's incentive to give it a couple more tries!

i was wondering why people kept mentioning these guys. side A really is stunning.

a full length or anothr EP would be appreciated