About Lake Bodom

-WildChild In Time-

Bodom Survivor
Mar 4, 2003
Porto Alegre, Brazil ¬¬
Visit site
Hail everyone...

No, this is not a thread about the SW's song... Since we have in this forum a lot of non-Finnish people, I guess that I'm not the only one curious to know the stories about the lake that has inspired CoB's name.

I mean, here in Brazil we know (due to few interviews the band has done to magazines) about the story of the murders ocurred in the 60's in that place, but I wish to know more!!

- Where exactly is Lake Bodom??
- What is the repercution of the murders nowadays?? I mean, is it a case remembered yet by people in general??
- Someone lives near there or is it labeled as a "dangerous place"??
- What's about the survivor(s)??
- What's exactly the connection of the lake with the lyrics (we all know there's at least one song in each album which contains Bodom at its title), do they really wrote about the case on those songs (in detalis)??
- What does "Bodom" means in Finnish or what' the origin of the word?

Finnish people, tell us foreigners about it!! Maybe these are silly questions but we're (at least I'm) curious.

YOU WILL ALL DIE AT LAKE BODOM!

I'm sure the killer is still out there and YOU could be his next victim. Oh yes, I feel it...It will happen again. Muhahahahaha!
sgrin.gif

I'd take a shit in the lake and go "Hey, mother fucker, look I'm shiting in your lake".....I know how much sense that made..don't worry.