About my buddy Matt.

ZHJ&T

Dec 7, 2002
www.zerohourweb.com
Hi everyone,
I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. I wish you all the very best in 2010.

Yesterday I received some very shocking news about my great friend ( My little shred brother I always called him), former guitar student for 7 years Matt Kelly. Matt was in a very bad accident and is fighting for his life. This one is hitting me pretty hard as I'm very close to Matt and his wonderful family. I watch him grow up into this incredible young man and very talented musician. I remember taking him to see Tool, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, G3 and even had him as my guitar tech at A Zero Hour show.

Matt has such great character and is so strong. He was hit by a semi truck while riding his bicycle to work and was dragged 20 feet. He's undergone multiple surgeries and will continue to fight and I know he will recover. That's how strong Matt is.

My love goes out to his family Odette, Tom, and Erin who have been through so much and are an amazing family. Matt has so many great friends and has so much support. Thank you David for contacting me and getting me in touch with Matt's family.

I was up all night thinking how lucky I am and to never take anything for granted. My whole family is in for Christmas and yesterday we did our traditional Christmas shopping day for each other. We went to San Francisco and had the best time being all together. I'm so fortunate to have a very lovely wife, 3 beautiful and very talented sisters, (Very proud) an amazing father and mother who I love very much. My best friend in the World my brother Troy. I'm so blessed to have an amazing family and to have so many great friends. I never want to take that for granted and enjoy everyday we have with our friends and loved ones.

Below is the blog update on Matt's condition from his sister Erin.

http://matthewscottkelly.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
had a good night...
Matthew had a good night last night, according to his doctors and nurses. They gave him the day to rest today, since he has already undergone four surgeries and another procedure. These surgeries have not yet addressed his pelvis, which will have to be pinned together with screws temporarily (probably Thursday). The surgeries so far have been to slow and stop the internal bleeding. Today, he continued to have a fever and seems to be fighting a cold or sinus infection of some kind, so please, once again, pray for him. He is so strong. I told him that over and over today. He looked at me and seemed to make more eye contact. He seems to be more aware that there are many tubes and contraptions in his mouth because he scrunched his face up as if to try to get rid of them. I made him promise me that he would stay strong and keep fighting. (I think maybe he nodded ever so slightly...It's really hard to tell, but I'm going to believe that he could hear me and was motivated by my comments.) :)

Thank you again to everyone for sharing your love for Matthew on this forum. Sometimes it can feel vulnerable to lay your heart on the line, but I know he can feel all of our presence and I know that he has made himself vulnerable to all of us for our sakes at one time or another. Love to everyone and I will continue to keep you posted.
Posted by Erin at 7:10 PM

mattjay.jpg

Damn, that's nasty :( I'm glad for you and everyone around him that he survived. On the 16th of December 2004 I was in a similar situation to where you are right now. The brother of my then gf got hit by a semi on his way biking home from high school and unfortunately didn't make it, died on his way to hospital. It makes you realize all you have and should be thankful for, but have taken for granted all that time.

All the best to him, his family and friends. Let's hope he'll fully recover!

Thanks bro and notice you said something at Matt's blog....Thank you again for that and appreciate it.

Wish you and your family all the best man.....YOU RULE!!

Jasun

That is pretty nasty accident
Its good Matt has some really strong friends and family around him I am sure this will help
All my best wishes

Best of prayers to Matt and his family...

We really are fortunate and we shouldn't take things for granted. My best friend's doing hospital time for Christmas too.

Wow Jasun, sorry to hear about that!! Lets hope he gets better soon. Sounds like you guys are close and with a great friend like you his spirits will lift immensely, anyway you have guitar solos to trade.

All the best man

Hey man, I've been following his recovery blog and wrote well wishes to him & his family. These things are tough but it's good to see such positive attitudes

Thanks so much Kenneth for doing that bro and I know they appreciate hearing good people sending their positive vibes. Really appreciate it again Kenneth and Mark.

I'm happy to say he's making great progress as I chatted with his mom yesterday. It's really a miracle and just shows how strong Matt.

Much love to everyone and Happy New Year.

Jasun

Oh man just reading this today... My heart goes out to your friend Jasun... I hope he stays strong and makes a strong recovery... Always keep your loved ones close, because you just never know what tomorrow will bring. I will keep him in my thoughts...
Glad to hear that your family is doing well,
Here's to a 2010 filled with family, fun and friends... And a solid recovery for Matt.

Brett

Beautifully said Sharkblack....YOU RULE!!!

Thanks Cello and the update on my brother is his left arm is getting stronger. The Surgery was A good thing for him but he still has a ways to go. His right arm has been an issue for over 10 years and it's in his neck running down his arm. They don't have a successful Surgery for that as Troy has 3 pinched nerves running down his neck on his right side. He is seeing the Doctor on Wed. in regards to seeing what more he can do.

I'm sure people are wondering has he jammed with Mikey and I yet and the answer is no. He's just not ready and we're just going to have to wait and see. He is giving lessons and doing very limited playing. It's a start.

METAL!!

Jasun