My Buddy Met Slash...

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Just a story for any of you guys and gals who may care. (If you aren't a stargazer then skip this one...) Anyways, my buddy invited me to go see Velvet Revolver a while back at a club called BOGART's in Cincy, OH. I couldn't go on the count of work, the baby, and etc. etc. etc. But this guy is great when it comes to nosing around to meet bands. So I told him that if he scores me a guitar pick I'll owe him...then, he calls me last night!

Well, he goes to the show and says it's great. After the show him and his brother in law go to hit a couple bars around town. Then as they decide to go back to the hotel they make a lap one more time around the club to see if any action is going on. Sure enough, the band is loading up on the bus! He says Weiland and the rest of the guys had already holed up but here comes Matt Sorum! He meets Matt and gets an autograph and then there he is....
SLASH comes out! They shake hands and get a photo and my buddy gives him a Marlboro! They got pictures with him and all that. KILLER! They said that Slash actually seemed SOBER, too. (WTF?? ahahahaha)

Anyways...I know that may not be the most exciting news in the world for a lot of you all but you gotta admit that's a pretty good celebrity encounter! I just had to share it.

I'm jealous as hell.
ted

tedvanfrehley said:
No pick, that rat bastard! Oh well....Swine, as a side note, this is the same guy that I met RATT with that time and got the Demartini picks. He has a gift. haha Oh well...
Yeah, I recall that story too. Great story as well.
I'm gonna try to meet Crue, King Diamond & maybe even Priest when they play here next year...