About Rage...

zedowns

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles
After hearing Speak of the Dead... which of their albums are more symphonic and sound more like this? I have Unity and Black in Mind and love those as well, but this symphonic sound is awesome!:headbang:

I know you asked specifically about their symphonic albums, but I'm going to suggest checking out The Missing Link when you have a chance.

XIII is their best "symphonic" album next to Speak of the Dead.

BTW, anyone see that Rage will be doing a special show at Wacken 2007 with the Lingua Mortis orchestra?? Apparently, its a "Lingua Mortis 10th anniversary: best of 1997-2007" show. Looks like I'm finally going to Wacken! :headbang:

Yngvai X said:
XIII is their best "symphonic" album next to Speak of the Dead.

BTW, anyone see that Rage will be doing a special show at Wacken 2007 with the Lingua Mortis orchestra?? Apparently, its a "Lingua Mortis 10th anniversary: best of 1997-2007" show. Looks like I'm finally going to Wacken! :headbang:

-=in a motherly voice=- "Not until you finish your next album, young man!"

XIII and Ghosts if you're looking strictly for the symphonic elements. Personally, I feel that the first half of Speak of the Dead whomps ass on the second half. The musicians are too talented to stick themselves in a box like German thrash/power metal. Although they do that in a GRAND FASHION on Unity and Soundchaser. Can't go wrong with Rage, really. They never did a truly shitty album over 20 years of recording. Something you can't say of Priest or Maiden.