About Swanö contributing riffs to Bloodbath!

gravlare

New Metal Member
Sep 25, 2005
LKPG Sweden
I am a long time fan of Swanö from back in the mid 90tees.
I am listening to Bloodbath's "Resurrection through carnage" at the moment. AWSOME!!!!

I think some riffs sound like typical Swanö riffs, so I wonder how much Swanö contributes to the writing material to Bloodbath. Some of these riffs are the themes in "Cry my name", "The soulcollector" and the guitarharmonies in "Death delirium". etc.

I wonder if somebody know anything about this. It would be fun to know.
:worship:

Anders, Jonas and Dan each write there own songs and then put it all together as one album. I dont know which off of RTC were written by who for sure...but I believe I heard somewhere that Cry My Name was a swano song.

OK. Thank you. Yes, I'm waiting for the ordered CD's. ;)
Wasn't sure that the booklet would tell that kind of information, but I hope it will.

Cry my name is my favorite song from that album! It must be a Swanö song! Nobody else can write that good!!!!

gravlare said:
OK. Thank you. Yes, I'm waiting for the ordered CD's. ;)
Wasn't sure that the booklet would tell that kind of information, but I hope it will.

Cry my name is my favorite song from that album! It must be a Swanö song! Nobody else can write that good!!!!

HEY HEY NOW! Dan is fucking great, but so are the Katatonia boys! Everyone ever involved in Bloodbath is freaking awsome.

And yeah im pretty sure The Soulcollector is his too...but I dont think it tells in the booklet, does it? *runs to grab it*

Hi guys

I am the sole writer of:
LIKE FIRE
CRY MY NAME
SO YOU DIE
THE SOULCOLLECTOR
BRAVE NEW HELL
THE ASCENSION
EATEN
STILLBORN SAVIOUR
and about 40-50% of the riffs in the songs on the minialbum.

Dan Swanö said:
NP: HIM (who took their name after a line in a Deicide-song!!)

Dan Swanö listens to HIM :cool:
one of my favourite bands ever. :loco:
It could be that the name is from that song, because they were all listening to lots of metal during the founding of the band, but they also used to be part of a Rastafari-group in their teenage times, and they had this thing with Haile Selassie going, and stuff like that. I kinda heard that this may have been one of several reasons for the band name. Also they wanted to be a bit gothic_over_the_top on purpose *grins*

Dan Swanö said:
Hi guys

I am the sole writer of:
LIKE FIRE
CRY MY NAME
SO YOU DIE
THE SOULCOLLECTOR
BRAVE NEW HELL
THE ASCENSION
EATEN
STILLBORN SAVIOUR
and about 40-50% of the riffs in the songs on the minialbum.

Thank you!

Thank you guys. Of course I think all the guys ever involved in Bloodbath is great! I also love Katatonia.

Thank you Dan for the information! You do a hell of a good job making music. Don't you ever quit doing it!

Östergötland Rules! :headbang: