about the covers...

Yep, I also like his artwork for the new Anathema, though it's kinda different from Smith's earlier works.

I thought it was kinda bland

I forgot to mention that I usually don't "like" his work - I love it :D
Smith's artwork for "A Fine..." is rather the obvious thing. I mean it's exactly the sort of picture you would expect when you've read the title and that's disappointing. Nevertheless I like the realization and it's easily better than the "Judgement"-cover with its pathetic Photoshop effects (which wasn't his work of course).

Yeah, while it was good its stilll not as good as his other work, I mean this is Travis smith. I thought it was quite unoriginal

I must say tho I liked Anathem'a earlier artwork, for example TSE. I liked the fact they used paintings for them, twas good :)

Right, I believe Alternative 4 is an excellent output. You found "ethereal qualities"; I tend to use quite equivalent words to describe it, "transcendent" or "unearthly". :)
I don't think they'll ever top this one.

Originally posted by Wanderer
Brave Murder Day
heyyyttttttt
Talk about the kata's coverz or i will kick you in the head (or something like that i can not remember:) )

"Kata rulzzz"

Wanderer, dear friend, read the whole threat "aren't we taking "deadsite" a bit too far", and talk about everything!(Or I will frustrate you with a kick in teeth:p)

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Yeah, TSE on is my favourite one :)

The Same for me. Look at my signature! The mood of cover is the mood of music!

I think one of the amazing things about Anathema's covers is that they all reflect the sound of the album really well.

TSE is sparse and pastoral
Eternity is 'spacey' and elegant
Alternative 4 is quiet, serene and humanly divine
and Judgement is lush and just plain wonderful.

They're the albums I own anyway. I know the other albums have great covers too.

Yeah, I'm glad someone raised this topic cause I never thought about it all that much before, but Anathama really do have some of the greatest covers!