Katatonia covers by Leviathan and Loss

shadowNINE

Guitar/Backing Vocals in Vacant Eyes
I just heard about a couple new Katatonia covers...

U.S. doom band Loss (whom I heard because of their split with Worship) just released the CD version of their Life without Hope...Death without Reason demo through Deathgasm Records, and it includes a live cover of Katatonia's "Brave" as a bonus track.

U.S. black metallers Xasthur and Leviathan recently rereleased their split in CD format through Battle Kommand Records. This version of the split includes some bonus tracks, one of which is Xasthur covering "Palace of Frost".

I am yet to hear either of these yet since they were just released, but I plan on acquiring both of the albums soon (as I really enjoy the music by all the bands involved). Just thought I'd let folks know about the covers and see if anyone here has heard them or has anything to say about them. Enjoy.

norghash said:
both songs will be featured on "december songs" as well. palace of frost has been covered by xasthur, not leviathan.
Thanks for posting. And sorry about the error, folks. The record store that I heard about this from had it wrong...but anyone can make a mistake, I suppos. I've edited the post accordingly.

Good to hear that these will appear on December Songs. I'm looking forward to it. What is the latest word on its release?

no problem!

finally all covers have been received and layout work is in process. the double cd is supposed to be out in june or july 2006 (at last!) and the double vinyl in december, according to the title. we don't want to delay the cd release till next december, however, just in order to "make it fit better". it's taken long enough already...;)

I like Xasthur, particularly his The Funeral Of Being album...but I just can't imagine Katatonia in that song being a patch on how good Katatonia is when played properly.

Still, it'd be interesting to hear.