more bad-times music

Lupus said:
for something a little more uh deep look for death in june.
agreed. death in june is also a band to check out.
But what ends when the symbols shatter is my favourite album of those I've heard so far.

:yell: But what is this? :yuk: :

"In late summer of '98 disgusted and disillusioned, Adam Fox turned his back on the subways and plastic, packaged lifestyle of Canada's largest city and stole back to the geographically bankrupt facelessness of southwestern Ontario. Spurned by a fresh disdain for all things metropolitan and the passionless-ness of contemporary modern music, Fox chose to draw from the dry wells and empty stretches of side roads to form ten year drought. The band developed at a methodical pace, allowing their style to unfold organically".

alright dudes... the ultimate! Toshack Highway

if you can find the tracks "harlem" or "just landed", especially 'just landed' somewhere online you will dig. the dudes official site is at www.swervedriver.com and i think there is stuff at www.toshackhighway.com but i think thats not actually their site. more gloomy, pretty, melancholy, british...

I recommend this one: www.laliya.com

Try to get their 'Terre De Sacha' CD. Once I went through a street in the city I study and saw them performing their music. I stood there amazed for about one hour and bought immediately their album. It was the first (and until now the last) time something like this happened to me. Brilliant.