The recommendation thread.

i don't know if you guys are into Meshuggah.

i love them and i finally saw them live. needless to say they were awesome.

l_4037e9744dde21adc695047e2d66fcde.jpg

they are touring with Dillinger guys in autumn :loco:

Oh yes. I cannot fucking wait for that show, and I bet those guys are a blast to hang out with!

Anyways, it is Monday. This week, I recommend to you:

At the Sounddawn

I recommend everybody that likes melo death,old In Flames and DT "Compos Mentis".It's a melo death band from Denmark and the music is fantastic.You can check their last album Gehennesis.Their official site http://www.composmentis.dk/ and their myspace http://www.myspace.com/composmentisdk You shall check the song The Mind's Eye from their myspace adress.
I have their "Quadrology Of Sorrow" demo MCD, which has been collecting dust for many years now.. But I'll give this new stuff a chance, since I love the classic Gothenburg/melodeath sound.

I just mentioned it in the Now Playing thread, but I thought I'd mention it here as well.

Check out AUDREY HORNE!

A Norwegian band comprised of (former) members of such notorious bands as Enslaved and Gorgoroth, but don't let the Black Metal connection fool you! Cause this has NOTHING to do with Black Metal AT ALL!

Imagine a mixture between Alice In Chains, Velvet Revolver and Faith No More, add some top-notch songwriting, great production and a kick-ass singer and you have Audrey Horne. Their debut from 2005 called "No Hay Banda" was great and their new album "Le Fol" fulfills all expectations with ease. Shame it's only released in Norway so far..

Check them out now! www.myspace.com/audreyhornemusic Go!

update to above: Msehuggah cancelled the DEP tour.

Anyways, recently I have been listening to a lot of Red Sparrowes (not like this is new to most of you) and Transmission0. Sadly Transmission0 recently called it quits due to some personal transgressions the vocalist is experiencing, however please check out their last album, its really really good.

I also recommend Grails. Instrumental, but extremely good stuff.

Vincent, I am now a fully fledged fan :oops:

They are also playing tomorrow in London so I might
go after university!

Was I a factor in this? =)

You should really go! Probably it's a very affordable entré and it's so worth it.
Live they're as good as on the albums, only live you experience the climaxes and everything way more intense. They really blew me away.

Well, if you're going; have fun!:)

Vincent J: Thanks for recommending God Is An Astronaut. This band is phenomenal.

Yep. Great band indeed. Very mogwai ish but even better. Scotland and ireland seem to be making good instrumental musica. I think this may be the first instrumental cd I need to purchase. :kickass:

Was I a factor in this? =)

You should really go! Probably it's a very affordable entré and it's so worth it.
Live they're as good as on the albums, only live you experience the climaxes and everything way more intense. They really blew me away.

Well, if you're going; have fun!:)

Vincent, yes, you were, of course!

I would not have heard them otherwise o: )
I'm going tonight and the entry is quite cheap : )

I would take pictures but I do not own a
camera and a disposable would probably not work
out quite so well : /

I will tell you all about it afterwards though o: )

Recommendation thread <3

Dudes, you're right. God is an astronaut are amazing. Actually they played a gig quite in my surroundings last week, but due a fucking cold and my own studio recordings I couldn't see them.

Maybe you can check also Long Distance Calling from Germany. Also an instrumental band playing kinda post rock.

Last but not least check out my own band Sidewaytown. I've uploaded a new trk on myspace. Some compared the song with Katatonia and Dredg. Can't find the relation actually, but people's minds are sick, in it? :lol:

Anyway, check it here:
www.myspace.com/sidewaytown
http://www.myspace.com/longdistancecalling