The Recommendation Thread

Get "You Are There" by Mono and their split with World's End Girlfriend called "Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain". Also look into Godspeed You! Black Emperor if you haven't already.

Not too big on Riverside, but their latest is pretty good,"Anno Domini High Definition" as well as "Second Life Syndrome".

Don't know much about the others.

Yeh, I have to second the Mono/World's End Girlfriend-Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain. Brilliant record.

Actually, I think that Mono and Godspeed actually do that more than any other bands (though they definately do it great - at least Mono, I'm not a fan of Godspeed), but the other bands I mentioned don't do it that much. Maybe Yndi Halda do, but they're actually my favorite of the bunch.

Yeah, Yndi Halda is really good too, they would be my favorite out the ones you listed too.

They're all really really good. I would start with either Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada (2 song 30min EP, but has all the best elements of the band), or F#A#∞

'Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven' is a good place to start, but all their albums are quite good.