about the SF show

I will be there! Bringing a few friends to expose them to the awesomeness that is Katatonia :D I'll be, if I get my laundry done before then, the dude in the green Slowdive tshirt :D

So, I'm trying to get my hands on a couple extra tickets for tonight, but the online ordering page seems to be down, and no one picked up at the venue... Anyone have any ideas / suggestions? Votes on whether or not it'll sell out?

I'm getting there an hour and a half before the doors open, if you wanna be safe, i'd suggest you do the same :)

Yeah, we're going to head down a bit early, stop by the box office, and then go find some food, etc, for a while before the show - should work out, and at least that way if everything is sold out, etc, we'll have time to drive my friends home so that they don't get stuck hanging out in Oakland while I'm rocking out :p

Dude... OK, just got home... That was one of the most amazing shows ever... I took a few friends who'd never heard any of the bands before, and weren't really metal people to begin with, but they had fun, and it was great to have someone to hang out with. We ate dinner across the street at this crazy bbq restaurant that basic sold huge plates of MEAT covered in bbq sauce. Enough about that, tho...

No local openers, just Daylight Dies jumps up on stage and plays an awesome set (pretty much, or actually, I think ALL from Dismantling Devotion) - truly fantastic show, blew me away. I bought a tshirt from the bassist, just clean black tshirt with white logo on it - very classy. They had fantasticly synchronized headbanging, and just generally did a fantastic job.

So then, after a seemingly eternal (it wasn't really that long, but just felt that way due to anticipation) soundcheck, KATATONIA! Fucking amazing. They played Wealth, which I'd not seen on previous setlists - it was great, yelling WE DIE WE ALL at the top of my lungs. I think it was a shorter set than I'd seen on some other posts - needed most Last Fair Deal, but was generally fantastic. Hard to complain - there are plenty of songs I wish they'd played, but I wouldn't have them give up any of the ones they did, so... Wealth was a highlight, Ghost of the Sun ("A FUCKING LIE"), Deadhouse (which is very emotional for me - the first Kata song I ever heard)... All in all, just amazing, but needed to be longer... At one point Jonas mentioned how this was the first time they'd been to CA, and I yelled "Come back!" - that about sums it up. I'd been waiting for this show since, I dunno, high school - 6 years at least - and getting to see them finally was just such an amazing thing. I got to thank Anders, shake his hand, he was hanging out next to the stage after the show when I went outside to get some air - told him how long I'd been waiting for this, and how much I hoped that I'd not have to wait as long next time.... Also thanked I think Fredrik and Mattias (it was dark :p). In any case, just a wonderful experience and I can't wait for them to come back and headline. I bought a tshirt, grey with the sorta angel logo on the front...

Stuck around to watch Moonspell, despite never having been much of a fan. They put on a good show, tho - mostly stuff from the new album and from Wolfheart, I think. They had some very cool lighting that kept casting huge shadows of the singer up on the wall behind them, which was cool. In any case, they were fun. We left during what was probably their last song or close to it, my friends were getting tired. They put on a good show, though. It did seem like a fair number of people left after Katatonia, but there were some hardcore fans there - a bunch of I'd guess Brazilian dudes who kept yelling in Portugese.

So yeah... this was just amazing. That's all I've got to say about that. Hope everyone else made it out and had a great time! I was the guy in the green Slowdive shirt who was yelling too much :p I'll try and post some photos if they came out okay, but my camera phone kinda blows...

Wow, I was actually impressed with how long they played! I'm pretty sure it was about 50 minutes. Bummed we didn't get a BMD song though. But WOW did they sound great! They were all really into it to, and said it was one of the best shows of the tour. I'm not huge on Daylight Dies, but they sounded REALLY good. I wish they played something from No Reply though :(

It definately was a great show, pretty good sound for a small place too. There was like, only 100-150 people in the whole place. I saw kvlt wench there, it was kinda funny, at one point during daylight dies, it looked like the singer was headbanging right in her face lol. Didnt see any one else from the forums though. Got myself a daylight dies shirt, talked their bass and gutiar player for a minute, shook their hands, etc. Was it just me, or did some guy get busted for smoking weed during katatonia? A bunch of big guys made their way to the front middle and took a guy and I thought I smelled weed, couldnt be sure though. One things for sure though, it was a Great show indeed....Oh, and people say Jonas has been gaining weight, I doubt thats true, he looks about the same size as he usually is.

It was a great show.

We went to some diner before the show and the waiter gave us a table next to katatonia. It was great, they smiled at me. But I think they were creeped out because I kept looking.

I didn't want to really bother them though because I knew they were eating and stuff. haha.

My friend wished them a good show before they left.

It was a great show.

We went to some diner before the show and the waiter gave us a table next to katatonia. It was great, they smiled at me. But I think they were creeped out because I kept looking.

I didn't want to really bother them though because I knew they were eating and stuff. haha.

My friend wished them a good show before they left.

:lol:
I know somebody who interrupted them having their meals. :err:

Yeah, Goober, he was doing that during their entire set, haha. Where were you?

My friend is a photographer, and she knows some of the bands, so we ended up staying and meeting all of Katatonia and Moonspell.. I have pictures that I'll probably upload later. I didn't get home until 5 in the morning, ugh. It was a great fucking show, but they didn't play Cold Ways or Sweet Nurse, which are on the setlist for tomorrow.

Yeah, Goober, he was doing that during their entire set, haha. Where were you?

I was almost directly to the left of you in line, and during the show i was like, one row behind and a little to the right of you. I was the guy in this shirt
Detail.tpl