Absolute Beginners

bleed_black_orchid

biff and chips
Feb 6, 2004
Widnniiiiii
Yeah so I was playing a G chord on my friends guitar on Sunday morning and then I learnt another chord and now I want to learn to play guitar so music masterminds... Like what do I start with? whats a good guitar to learn on?

I can literally play 2 chords and thats it so Im talking like never leaving my bedroom cant play jack shit kind of guitar.

learn to play heaving earth by morbid angel on an acoustic with really hard strings made of cheesewire (the guitar must be painted with creosote)

and I still wonder... why did you start with the G? why not E or A, the easier ones? Get those two right quickly and then you'll rock as much as LOTW.

joking aside, vic, buy yourself a classical guitar. then you can hop off to other types but classical is the best place to start. but i highly doubt that you will buy yourself a classical at first. it requires much more patience and hard work then an electric

If you're serious about picking up the guitar, I'd suggest you find a decent teacher. I was fooling around with the guitar for about 3 years and didn't really get anywhere. Then, about 1.5 years back I decided to take lessons, and now I'm really satisfied with the improvements I make

Judge gsz said:
If you're serious about picking up the guitar, I'd suggest you find a decent teacher. I was fooling around with the guitar for about 3 years and didn't really get anywhere. Then, about 1.5 years back I decided to take lessons, and now I'm really satisfied with the improvements I make
Hmm I've been playing for 2 years now and I've learned everything by myself, mostly online. And I can notice constant improvement so I guess it's okay to do it like this. Teachers are way too expensive anyway, bastards.