Absu, which 2 of their albums should i buy?

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
For some odd reason i just recently checked these guys out.
I was thinking of getting Tara (yes you too Whiskey:p)
and their new one(self titled) coming out in February.

Basically I'm looking for people to give me their best albums.

If you're only getting two then your best bet is to get Tara and something older such as The Third Storm of me, The Sun of Tiphareth or Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L.. I would recommend choosing between the latter two albums, but definitely get Tara. Their ep In the Eyes of Ioldanach is also really good. My two personal favorites are Tara and the ep that I mentioned. Avoid their newest album because chances are it will not turn out to be one of their essentials. I haven't heard it though so I'm not sure.

I'm listening to the new song right now. It sounds like it's more in the vein of Tara than anything else, and if I know anything about your taste I think you would prefer Tara to any of their other stuff, so maybe Tara and the new album will be your best bet.

Avoid their newest album because chances are it will not turn out to be one of their essentials. I haven't heard it though so I'm not sure.

wat

It's not even out, or leaked as far as I know (though I'm not going to keep track as I preordered the CD :p), so...and what makes you say that anyway?

wat

It's not even out, or leaked as far as I know (though I'm not going to keep track as I preordered the CD :p), so...and what makes you say that anyway?

It's a fact about bands in general that they use up their creative juices on their first few albums. Anyway, judging by the new song it seems like they're not really moving forward on this one. More of the same. The song is good though.