-<absu>-

O'blivion

blood flowing skywards
Sep 15, 2001
E-town
What can I say, Absu are an utterly original, utterly brilliant band. I'd argue that Proscriptor is the best drummer.....ever. I can't get enough of these guys. yes, that's right, Absu are my drug of choice....among many;)

so, has anyone else here had their ears anointed with Absu?

Got some of their stuff... it's good. And I was VERY surprised to find out that those guys are from Texas :D However, the pics I found of them were... well, cheesy? ;)

Still, good stuff! The sun of Tipharet is one GREAT album :)

Originally posted by Ahnasihn
If I can remember correctly Slayer was looking for a drummer and Proscriptor was a potential one..

Last thing I heard they had three candidates left, including Proscriptor. If they pick him I hope they will play an Absy-cover on graspop, Absu is very good.

Originally posted by svenske kocken
And maybe we´ll see Proscriptor in Slayer. As you know they are looking for a new drummer, and Proscriptor is one of the alternatives. Proscriptor + Slayer = a fucking cool combination.

Are they still looking? The latest Terrorizer mentioned that Dave Lomardo is back. At least for touring...

Absu's music is very original. If you like extremely technical, brutal metal like Cryptopsy and Nile, then you'll probably like Absu. They play a very technical style that has some thrash and black influences. Proscriptor's vocals are closer to black than anything. Their lyrics are based heavily on ancient celtic mythology.

Their last album, Tara, is their best work to date, IMO. A masterpiece from start to finish. It would be the ideal album to get first. If you like it, check out The Third Storm of Cythrául and The Sun of Tiphareth. Barathrum: V.I.T.R.I.O.L. and the In The Eyes of Ioldánach EP may also be of interest.

no offense to Slayer fans, but I hope Proscriptor doesn't waste his time playing with them. The new Absu album is in the works and he already has a side project going. The sooner the new album comes out the better:)