Accept and Tad Morose

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
When I first discovered Tad Morose, I posted how much I like them in the Oldschool forum. I also stated that they reminded me of classic Accept. Flo jumped on that and asked why. I couldn't really give him an answer but they just did. Urban doesn't sing like Udo and the riffs aren't really much like Accept either so I had to strain my brain trying to think of why, but it was really quite simple.... (BTW trust me is I ever compare a band to Accept that is a very high compliment)
Accept and Tad Morose (Undead and on, as I still haven't heard their older stuff) both blend (blended in Accept's case) power and melody perfectly. Both bands gave slower songs power and heavier songs melody in a way few bands have done. I don't really know if I am explaining it where most can understand, but both bands offer a brutal twin guitar attack and a relentless vocalist with power (though they sound nothing alike) and they both offer great harmony vocals (though again totally different) that gives that melodic touch.
As I said, I don't think TM sounds much "like" Accept, but coming from me any comparison is a big compliment and I like both bands for many of the same reasons. Of course Urban looks like he could be Udo's twin brother too. >:p~ Ha ha ha....just joking Urban. I only said that because I know you come to this forum. I wanted to pick on you. I will buy you a beer at PP. :wave:

Bryant

Fangface said:
I agree on that yep ;)

Hey.... I thought the French and Americans were not supposed to agree on things ? I guess the power of music shows the power of government and media is pretty weak to some people.

It is very rare I talk about political things because I do not feel like it is important to music, but I talk about politics here only because it shows music is stronger than political beliefs to metal music fans.

We rock !

Bryant

Urban breed said:
...and that would be on a good day. :D
Well Urban you aren't four feet tall (would that be 1.22 m ? ) and you have some long hair as well. Maybe you two or only half-brothers. :loco:

In all seriousness, your trip to America at Prog Power V will be much better than your first one. Glenn Harveston (the promoter) is very professional and with the exception of your band having to use equipment that is not your own, I think you will find that the venue, staff and fans will be some of the best you have ever worked for. Of course we, the fans are expecting a top-notch performance frim TM, but I think you will find this a great experience as will I, a TM fan.

Bryant

Considering that Accept is my all-time favorite band from the 80's metal scene, I have to agree with you Bryant: the powerful vocals, the twin-guitar attack, the heavy HEAVY drums... it all makes perfect sense. Some people wondered why I ever liked Accept. You just explained it perfectly.

On a side note: my copy of Modus Vivendi came this weekend while I was out of town. I couldn't wait to get back and hear it for the very first time yesterday. I hadn't even gotten past the third song before I had to say...

:OMG:

Tad Morose is now my number one reason for attending PPUSAV.

:worship:

On another side note... Bryant, in what part of 'bama are you located? I'm near Atlanta, situated between Dallas and Douglasville. We should hook up sometime before PP if you don't live too far away. We apparently have a similar taste in music.

:D

~Hoyt.

"Rider of Theli wrote (in quotes) Considering that Accept is my all-time favorite band from the 80's metal scene, I have to agree with you Bryant: the powerful vocals, the twin-guitar attack, the heavy HEAVY drums... it all makes perfect sense. Some people wondered why I ever liked Accept. You just explained it perfectly."

Sometimes it's difficult to put a finger on what makes a certain band sound good to me. I had to put a lot of thought into that and the comparison of Accept and TM.

"On a side note: my copy of Modus Vivendi came this weekend while I was out of town. I couldn't wait to get back and hear it for the very first time yesterday. I hadn't even gotten past the third song before I had to say...

Tad Morose is now my number one reason for attending PPUSAV. "

:worship:

I think there will be some quality bands at PPV but TM is certainly the band I am most looking forward to as well. Edguy is a strong, solid band, and I heard they were awesome at PPIII (I missed that one but attended II and IV) but Tad Morose seems to have better material in my ears.

"On another side note... Bryant, in what part of 'bama are you located? I'm near Atlanta, situated between Dallas and Douglasville. We should hook up sometime before PP if you don't live too far away. We apparently have a similar taste in music.
~Hoyt"

Believe it or not, I am right on the Georgia border in Phenix City Alabama. I could almost hit Columbus Georgia with a rock from where I live. Columbus and Phenix City is more or less a bi-city area. My Mother lives just North of Atlanta in Lawrenceville as well.

Bryant

Bryant said:
...right on the Georgia border in Phenix City Alabama. I could almost hit Columbus Georgia with a rock from where I live. Columbus and Phenix City is more or less a bi-city area. My Mother lives just North of Atlanta in Lawrenceville as well.

been there, done that... I lived in Columbus for close to a year back in '93. So I know exactly what you're talking about. If/when you visit your mom next, we should try to meet up in the ATL area. I can get to downtown ATL (and the PPUSA site) in about 45 minutes time.

sorry everyone - didn't mean to hijack the thread :oops:

Tad Morose RULES!!! :D

~Hoyt.

sorry everyone - didn't mean to hijack the thread :oops:

Tad Morose RULES!!! :D

~Hoyt.[/QUOTE]
I think this message board needs the activity, so it is not a big deal, but I will send you a privete message and we will discuss that from there...

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
It could use a few more posts here, lol. It looks like with the board might be speeding up lately (posting?) :devil:

Hey !! This board kicks ass now because I'm here. Ha ha ha just kidding. I think some American fans (like myself) are starting to get into Tad Morose due to Prog Power V. Tad Morose, like many European bands don't get promoted well in the US. Some of the younger American guys also think every power metal band sounds like Helloween and every prog band sounds like Dream Theater, even though they listen to bands that all the singers sound like cookie monster. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just too old. :err:

Bryant

Don't look at me, lol.
First thing I did when I got online was to look for the metal bands I had been unable to find before and found out about TM from an mp3. ;) :)
Hopefully Tad Morose'll get promotion so I can hear something on the radio I like, lol.

Bryant said:
Hey !! This board kicks ass now because I'm here. Ha ha ha just kidding. I think some American fans (like myself) are starting to get into Tad Morose due to Prog Power V. Tad Morose, like many European bands don't get promoted well in the US. Some of the younger American guys also think every power metal band sounds like Helloween and every prog band sounds like Dream Theater, even though they listen to bands that all the singers sound like cookie monster. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just too old. :err:

Bryant

Snowmaker said:
Well, I bought my first Accept CD Monday. Found Balls to the Wall in the used bin for $6.

Not bad. REALLY needs a remaster though. Its so quiet compared to other CDs. It has one of the gayest looking covers though. :D
It has been remastered. I think it was done in 2002 or so. The remaster is pretty good. I bought it last year to replace the original.

Bryant