Acmebargig Cyan Head Complete

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
Cyan%20RC1.jpg

A new experimental guitar head has now joined the ranks at ABG. Cyan Experimental represents all options that did not fit into DIG, Whisper or any other development. We sort of Put an All flavors amp together from ideas that didn't work elsewhere. The result is an amp that is unbridled and completely different than anything we have ever released. With options that include a dual pad sweep with selectable filters tied to the XY Values of the Pad. A tube filter(borrowed from DIG 2.5), A solid state amp as well as a 2 12ax7 gain section(Like DIG 2.0). So although some elements were borrowed, Cyan is all new when you put all these elements together. Yes it has 2 amps...A solid state, and Tube, and they can be run individually, or together..

Cyan Experimental will make its debut in the new amp suite coming from ABG, it will also be released as a stand alone head. and as always...Its freeware! Future versions of Cyan will be under the ABG paid upgrade scheme though, but hey the upgrade will only be 10 dollars!

KM

The Solo_C is not a collab, thats is still all LePou's development. Out testers were just stepping in and helping out. Anyways, I think he is almost ready. It is great and really solid. LePou as always does incredibly good work, free or othwerwise...Waiting for Cyan...Check your email...

Cyan is a anything amp..It has A solid state which will distort, but is best for clean. Unless you run our Scar Rack in front of it. Then its a nice dirty tone. But, I have never been a fan of solid state distortion. Scar Is a rack with 4 Chinese 12 ax7 Tubes...Whats the difference with Chinese Tubes?... About +.0000000376 in gain...So nothing really.

I have almost completed Yet another High Gain Amp. Preampus Distortus...This is an old development I've been working on for about 2 months. It has onpy 1 purpose, that is a flexible gain stage...Took me long because I was trying to find another way of doing a tone stack..

KM

You can never have enough amp sims. Looking forward to this one as I look forward to everything else you guys come up with :)

ABG plugins are so damn unique and distinctive, I can put together a totally unique tone in 5 minutes... and it just keeps getting better. Appreciated! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

The Solo_C is not a collab, thats is still all LePou's development. Out testers were just stepping in and helping out. Anyways, I think he is almost ready. It is great and really solid. LePou as always does incredibly good work, free or othwerwise...Waiting for Cyan...Check your email...

Cyan is a anything amp..It has A solid state which will distort, but is best for clean. Unless you run our Scar Rack in front of it. Then its a nice dirty tone. But, I have never been a fan of solid state distortion. Scar Is a rack with 4 Chinese 12 ax7 Tubes...Whats the difference with Chinese Tubes?... About +.0000000376 in gain...So nothing really.

I have almost completed Yet another High Gain Amp. Preampus Distortus...This is an old development I've been working on for about 2 months. It has onpy 1 purpose, that is a flexible gain stage...Took me long because I was trying to find another way of doing a tone stack..

KM

Oh, thanks for clearing up on the SoloC :) Eagerly waiting for mr.Lepou's release!

Thanks for the link K man!

I agree... it's impossible to have too many good amp sims! Preampus Distortus sounds awesome by its name haha. Interesting!

Thanks Guys, just a short post I have a dentist appt and need to sleep sometime. Also I finished Preampus tonight, there is a posting here at the forum for you. This one is for the metal guys!
KM