AcmeBarGig DIG 2.5 Sneek Peek

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
Hi guys thought I'd pop in and give you an update on the new FREEWARE DIG 2.5 Head and Cabinet(s). We are almost ready to release and has a ton of new features..

headscreen%20copy.jpg

DIG 2.5 Comes with 4 12AX7 tubes with adjustable BIAS for each and a Max gain setting per tube. It also comes with a new feature that we have never seen anywhere else. That is an adjustable Tube Filter. LP HP, Etc. This filter allows you access to further share the distortion wave in between tube 1 and Tube 2. The wave shape is then acted upon from tubes 2 through 4. You can create some really interesting tones from it.

tubesscreen%20copy.jpg

You can select from 2 tone stacks. The previous DIG 2.0 tone stack is still available as well as the new DIG 2.5 tone stack...

DIG 2.0 Tone Stack
DIG2TS%20copy.jpg

For those of you not familiar with DIG 2.0 tone stack it is pretty self explanatory..The DIG 2.5 tone stack on the other hand is relatively complicated...

DIG 2.5 Tone Stack
DIG25TS%20copy.jpg

This is the new DIG 2.5 Tone stack, pretty standard controls, Bass Mid Treble, but we also see a Ball on the far right side of the tone stack. The X/Y values are linked to 2 selectable filters. LP, HP, BP, Etc. On the left bottom beside The ball are the intensity settings for these filters. This acts as a sweep knob on steroids
As you move the ball, the sweep values change...

DIG 2.5 Gut Options
gutoptionsscreen%20copy.jpg

DIG 2.5 Gut Options Extends the DIG 2.0 Gut Options in that the settings are 6 times more accurate, and we have added a couple new features. In previous releases of DIG we have noted that users were having a hard time modeling the amp of their choice. DIG 2.5 will come with preset based amp models, although we don't have a list of them, obviously Fender, Peavey and Marshall will all be represented. So through Gut options and by reading the manual, you should be able to model practically any amp you want. There are settings for Input Crossover, Tonestack Crossover, Post distortion filter, Presence Filter, and the new HISS filters. Using These hiss filters correctly will dramatically reduce the hiss from the gain section.

DIG 2.5 Cab Enhancer/Shaper
CABENHANCE109SCREEN%20copy.jpg

This was released as a standalone a week or so ago, but the New Cab enhancer does everything the released version 1.04 does and also includes enhancements to the lower frequencies...Just like 1.04 it can be used to enhance an Existing IR cabinet, , Enhance Mic'd cabinet, or be used as a stand alone Cabinet by itself.

We all hope you will enjoy this FREEWARE release...

Ken
Developer
AcmeBarGig

ryan has had some kind words about the cab enhancer to say to me..
GET STOKED KIDS
COS I FUCKEN AM

Thanks Guys, and sorry...No Mac version...I'd like to but cannot support MAC yet..One day though..
KM

Look really cool, I thinks it's amazing that there are so many talented plugin developers that make good guitar amp vsts, (you guys, lepou, nick crow etc).

Looking forward trying it, keep up the good work!

And we're all friends too!

Nick always has amazing Tone and tone stack. Nick was the influence behind the DIG 2.5 Tone Stack as well. LePou's bottom end distortion is still unmatched by anyone in the biz. The low ends from Solo_C are better and cleaner than any other amp Sim out there.

Some people think there may be a "one up" thing that goes on between us, but in fact it is quite the opposite, I have had nothing but support from these guys, and vice versa. Great developers period. And really good guys..
KM