AcmeBarGig Free VSTs - DIG, BIG, RedShift

ghettobassscreen%20copy.jpg

km

Fix the typos (equilaizer -> equalizer or EQ) and add some labels what those extra two fields areas are... it is a bit confusing atm...

I don't know what the other guys think, but in my opinion that just has too many knobs. It really makes it counter-productive because first you have learn to use it and focus on the tweaking instead of just putting it on and "making your music". When you do the ghettobass the "normal way", it is just the pitch shift octave down and a lowpass filter to remove the +8khz digital shit.

I would personally just prefer just minimum amount of knobs visible, maybe a box that tells you what the ghetto bass really is and what this thing does (kinda like embedded readme-file) and then a "advanced" panel that shows all the hidden settings that we see here. So the buttons would be like OCTAVER (on/off), CHORUS (on/off), VOLUME, ADVANCED and displays that show the values of the knobs

Something along these lines (edit: those mix knobs aren't even nessecary as I think of it, it could be the knob below):

edit2: and actually the stereo octaver isn't needed either because bass is should always be mono. Guitar is a totally different thing.

cyan_suggestion2.jpg

Sometimes supertweakability isn't just the thing. Think if the ibanez tubescreamer had 24 knobs like that one does! It would definately sound superb, but I really think that the 3 knobs it has is really sufficient as it has now.

Great Points, so that will actually work out better anyways, I can simply have the chorus pop up if they want to make changes...Godd call man..
KM

I suggest one thing to the loading of IRs (cab sim).

make it so we can load 2 impulses
a mix knob between the 2
and a phase adjustment knob for each.

:kickass:

I was gonna write to say that it's starting to feel as if we're "demanding" things from the great guys at ABG but come to think of it, this thread does provide very constructive feedback which helps improve and streamline the products so I'm not gonna say what I intended to say at first!

In other words, I shouldn't even have made this post, hah ;)

Nah but seriously, it's awesome that you guys are actually using this feedback and applying it to your products. I'm looking forward to that Impulse loader in Cyan!

I was gonna write to say that it's starting to feel as if we're "demanding" things from the great guys at ABG but come to think of it, this thread does provide very constructive feedback which helps improve and streamline the products so I'm not gonna say what I intended to say at first!

In other words, I shouldn't even have made this post, hah ;)

Nah but seriously, it's awesome that you guys are actually using this feedback and applying it to your products. I'm looking forward to that Impulse loader in Cyan!

Hell, if it improves the product then demand away :lol:

Aftershock will be released shortly, will update when we've got it available for download. :headbang:

I have a cabinet already created that loads 2 IR's. It is almost identical to what you had asked for earlier in this thread. Its called Cranberry and it is still in development, it is crazy on CPU, 22%. So once that is done, then we'll release it. It builds on the one mentioned here though, It has a pan, a level, and a EQ per cabinet. It also has a phase.

KM

I have a cabinet already created that loads 2 IR's. It is almost identical to what you had asked for earlier in this thread. Its called Cranberry and it is still in development, it is crazy on CPU, 22%. So once that is done, then we'll release it. It builds on the one mentioned here though, It has a pan, a level, and a EQ per cabinet. It also has a phase.

KM

cool! :kickass:

RE: ghetto bass

I like the tweakability of the "complex" version.

Can it shift formants to make the guitar's timbre match the bass? And can Redshift make a guitar pickup sound like a bass pup?

Thanks..
Nectar, RedShift comes with a bass pickup, but that does not change the tuning like Ghetto bass does. But you just gave me another idea for ghetto bass. We should add some redshift technology to the front of it so that you are playing through a bass pickup...Good idea man!

The tweakability...That will still be there, just have an extra click..like a details button for that section..

Cool idea, so long as it can be bypassed to save CPU. Maybe you could find a way to optimize it or something so it's tailored for the bass. From what I read RedShift not only applies an impulse but also does some calculations to replace your pup's sound with the new one. Sounds like cool stuff.

I'm wondering how much like a "bass" this thing really sounds though. I'm mainly talking about the way bass strings sound opposed to guitar strings. I've tried to make my strings sound more bass-like by shifting the formants, and it really makes a difference. I can keep using my own plugin after the ghetto bass, but it's something you might well be interested in implementing (since you like to make guitars sound like concrete and spleens and stuff)

Looking forward to testing this with BIG. If I can get even a moderately convincing bass sound with all this strung together, I'll be overjoyed. In any case, hats off for all the great stuff you guys have put out thus far. :)

Hey, is there a preset that can make the Aftershock sound like the TC Electronic D-two delay "Straight 2290" preset (preset number two)? I can give you the exact settings in the TC unit and a sound sample if you want to hear how it sounds....

edit: 500ms, 40% feedback, the first delay sound is the original sound, the first is really clipped because I messed up with the recording, but I hope it gives you the idea

http://www.ahjteam.com/upload/tc_d2_2290straight.wav

I don't know AHJ. But it seems like it fades in louder, so that is for sure a cool effect. I pretty much don't do any of the presets, our testers do them, They actually get more time using these things than I do. I usually only get to use them for design reasons, like we know what sound we're looking for and I play with it then. But I am pretty sure that one of them would be able to get RS to re-create that sound somewhat. I just don't know how they'll deal with the fade in.

I like the TC Stuff, it is very well done...I can't think of any of that stuff that is bad, everything I've tried has impressed me..
KM

I just tried RedShift with a cheap strat knockoff with single coils, using the Dime Super D preset. It made a world of difference - it really only sounded like 50% SC and 50% humbucker, but it's still heavier than any other SC tone I've ever heard. It's a great tool for getting distinctive/unique tones. :)

I read in the Aftershock thread that you guys have other VSTs sitting around waiting to be finished. I hope one of 'em is a super tweakable distortion box. \m/

Yeah we have a stomp box coming out we're working on it now. The idea is that each pedal has its own "Gut options" like DIG. So you can go in and change the way in which they work...That'll be while though as our website just got killed, so did some of our computers..
KM