DIG 2.5 Final Skin and Video

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
Hey guys we thought you might like to see this. It is our new DIG 2.5 Promo video. This will give you a chance to hear and see it. We have finally settled on a Skin for it, done by who else...The amazing Nikko..he really out did himself this time. Every time I get something from him its better than the last time.

The video starts with a brief history of the development of DIG which all took place the GAM forum on a single thread that still exists now...The thread was started by WolfHalen asking if there is any pluggin that would emulate a single 12ax7 tube. Thats where I met another great developer who has turned into a great friend..LePou, and Alu and Aribai. Without these guys I would not have progressed...

Anyways...Here it is..
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/923791/DIG25.wmv

KM

Yep Ghetto bass has been built to alpha, and we're used components from that in our new SNEGUS Vintage Vocals Plug.

DIG 2.5 Is in hopefully its last beta stage, all skin elements have been finalized, and we are now working to finalize its cabs..
Sorry about the lack of ETA but we are seriously taking our time with this one....You guys deserve that...

KM

Awesome dude! :kickass:
I want to get rid of my cast so i can try all these new babies out for real! >;D

Yep Ghetto bass has been built to alpha, and we're used components from that in our new SNEGUS Vintage Vocals Plug.

DIG 2.5 Is in hopefully its last beta stage, all skin elements have been finalized, and we are now working to finalize its cabs..
Sorry about the lack of ETA but we are seriously taking our time with this one....You guys deserve that...

KM

Please do take your time, nobody here is asking you to release it before it's ready. You're doing it for free and you're doing it damn well... we can wait, no worries :)

However... tell LePou to hurry up splitting SoloC's cab section into a separate plugin! :D Haha I'm a hypocrite! No but seriously, it would be kickass to have a new IR loader... KeFIR feels old compared to LePou's SoloC loaders :)

Stig...you did a great job man, as always...

Anyways thanks guys and our Quad cab may be out soon too...Haven't decided if I'm gonna hold off on that or not yet..

Basically it takes 2 stereo IR files, and each of these stereo IR files can have a separate cab on each side. When you run it in our quad cab, you can pan them all individually. So its like having 4 files loaded..But here is the kicker for this, its like having a single IR file loaded to your cpu!

KM

Are your tubes still based on the "tube" from caps audiosuite? (waveshaper)
I have tried using Norman Koren's triode model, cuz I don't like the idea of using waveshapers that doesn't model the non-linearities of a tube getting overdriven, but my implementation is too slow at the moment.. have you tried to model a gainstage from a real circuit?
Sorry for asking this in your thread, you're not answering PM's

OH Dude I'm sorry...I just noticed there are 3 PM's... Yes and I have just about developed a whole new way of modeling tubes and tonestacks, virtually any part of an amp. amp, they are completely user interchangeable with files...
KM

Stig...you did a great job man, as always...

Anyways thanks guys and our Quad cab may be out soon too...Haven't decided if I'm gonna hold off on that or not yet..

Basically it takes 2 stereo IR files, and each of these stereo IR files can have a separate cab on each side. When you run it in our quad cab, you can pan them all individually. So its like having 4 files loaded..But here is the kicker for this, its like having a single IR file loaded to your cpu!

KM

QUAD cab!? I have no idea you guys were developing this. I thought you said it was too hard to develop an IR loader for you at the moment, because it was a CPU hog or something. So you have finally succeeded in making one now? That is pretty awesome news, atleast for me since I'm really on the lookout for a replacement to KeFIR :)

Can your Quad Cab be used just as a normal single mono cab as well, just like KeFIR for example? With a normal mono IR file that is.

Yes it can, but the jury is out on whether I need to do something different with it. One set of testers loves the mono function and one set hates it..Tell you what Erkan...You be the judge..Check your PM...Also its not skinned yet..
km