acoustic guitar strings???????

zakky

( . Y . )
Mar 24, 2007
GREECE
hey guyz this is probably a very stupid question:oops: but here i go is it possible to put acoustic guitar strings on a electric???i was thinking of doing it just to see if i can get a different fuller sound i was thinking of getting Ernie Ball Earthwood 10"s (Phosphor) for my gibson....any thoughts on this, has anyone tried it??

I've seen people put electric strings on an acoustic guitar but never the other way around. I don't know if the guitar's pickups would react differently to bronze strings as opposed to nickel. You would just need to be sure and re-setup your guitar for the acoustic strings.

would give you a more acoustic sound. From some videos and pics I could have sworn that I have seen a set of acoustics on one of John Petrucci's 7 string as well as Mark Tremonti. Its always worth a try to see if its your thing.

Yes, they will work. They're a good bit darker than electric strings, but with a brighter guitar, they're actually pretty nice sounding. And, if you live in the shithole of the universe like I do, fat acoustic strings are easier to find than fat electric strings, because most guitarists are GCD chord playing monkeys with a $1500 Takamine.

They'll sound in an electric guitar. The problem is the cover that acoustic guitar strings have. They'll interact in a different way with the magnets of your electric guitar, that's why electric guitar strings have no cover on them.

They'll sound in an electric guitar. The problem is the cover that acoustic guitar strings have. They'll interact in a different way with the magnets of your electric guitar, that's why electric guitar strings have no cover on them.

?

Are you referring to the bronze winding on acoustic strings? Electric strings are essentially the same, except the bronze winding is usually nickel or steel instead.

a friend of mine has a parker nite fly with piezo on it. we only uses the piezo and never the electric pickups, so he put light acoustic strings on it, and it sounds beutiful. but i wouldn't do that with any other guitar that doesn't have a piezo.

many thanks on your comments...i think with the bronze winding the pickups may not react well