Acoustic guitars on "Universal????"

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
So I keep reading reviews and they keep talking about acoustic guitars on Universal. I have listened to the album about 30 times and have not heard a single acoustic guitar. Do all these reviewers think clean electric guitars are acoustic or did Borknagar manage to make their acoustics sound like clean electrics or am I just crazy?

Please, Oystein and/or Jens, clear this up!

Thank you!!!

(PS, Universal is possibly my favorite Bork album now)

Yeah, it seems like some people don't manage to differ between acoustic guitar, classical guitar and clean(electric guitar). For UNIVERSAL we only used clean guitar, no acoustic or classical guitar...;-)

It's just the dumb reviewers. I remember when Opeth's DAMNATION album came out and reviewers were calling it a great acoustic album, but in reality it's an all clean electric album.

not all. there are 12-stringed acoustic guitars and regular 6-string acoustic guitars played on some damnation tracks.

Im currently in Louisiana recording for 10 different bands......a SHITLOAD of songs. I took a tour of a custom guitar factory yesterday and they make custom wood/ carbon fiber acoustics that are designed and tuned (in the wood itself) to whatever tuning the user desires.....So they can have specific guitars built for A or D or C tuning......its crazy

Im currently in Louisiana recording for 10 different bands......a SHITLOAD of songs. I took a tour of a custom guitar factory yesterday and they make custom wood/ carbon fiber acoustics that are designed and tuned (in the wood itself) to whatever tuning the user desires.....So they can have specific guitars built for A or D or C tuning......its crazy

10 bands? Wow, that is pretty outstanding, congratulations! Wait, does Borknagar know about this? ;) And is one of those ten bands Borknagar?