"Urd"

Urd is the only Borknagar album i haven't bought, and i probably won't. That's not just because of the major disappointment Universal was, but the aggressive bitching and moaning about Youtube uploads made me not want to spend money on the band again. I'm listening to the album now on Spotify and I like it a whole lot. It's great music, but the magic of Borknagar was killed during the awful period of PR suicide that preceded the release of Urd. If you think Youtube replaces listening to albums you are really misguided about peoples listening habits. If some songs are on Youtube before the fucking artificial date of release of your disc you should appreciate the promotion you get from it. That is, unless you're worried that getting a taste of your music will keep people from buying your album. The times they are a-changin'. I'm drunk and have probably said all this before, good night.

I too would be pretty pissed off if an album I had made from a lot of hard work and money, was on YT before it's official release. As the owner of the music they have every right to have it removed.
They say any promotion is good promotion, but shit quality YT clips certainly are not the best.
WE do agree on one thing though, Universal is bloody awful.