Borknagar's new drummer

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
Øystein G. Brun revealed that the band's new drummer is Baard Kolstad (ICS VORTEX).
Øystein commented: "This is an extremely talented drummer. I've been watching him play for several months. It was he who made the battery on our resume for the Tribute To METALLICA Black Album for Metal Hammer. He is much younger than our old drummer and he's brilliant!"
The interview will air in the coming days.

Welcome to the fold kid.:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Borknagar mastermind Øystein G. Brun comments as follows: “First and foremost I would like to welcome Baard into the fold, may our journey ahead become a joy able ride. We are all very excited about Baard teaming up with the band. He has proven to be an immensely talented drummer with skills and a technique that is simply breathtaking. Our first encounter was late last year when he stepped in and recorded drums for ICS Vortex’s cover version of METALLICA's song, 'Don’t Tread On Me'. Since then we have kept an eye on him. When we spilt with David Kinkade a bit later on, the road ahead was obvious. We are all very much looking forward to pull off the very first gigs...”

Baard Kolstad added: ”I’m really happy for this opportunity and the fact that I have earned the respect to play with Borknagar. Really looking forward to the musical adventure that the future holds and will do my best to deal with the challenge in the most respectful and creative way. Now, I just want to play!”

Borknagar will release their new studio album, Urd, on the following dates via Century Media Records:

March
23 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway
26 - UK, Benelux, France, Greece, Denmark, Portugal, Rest Of Europe
27 - Spain, Italy, North America
28 - Sweden, Finland, Hungary
30 - Australia, New Zealand

The album’s artwork was designed by Brazilian artist Marcelo Vasco