Announcement new drummer

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
PRESS RELEASE OCTOBER 2008

Announcement of new drummer- Dave Kinkade

Dave Kinkade is the new drummer in BORKNAGAR. His first appearance with the band will be the actual recording of the new album, which will be recorded early next year.

We are exited to finally get a new drummer behind the kit. We have spent quite some time and effort to find suitable and highly skilled replacement for Asgeir Mickelson. Dave has proven to be a fantastic drummer, become a good friend and he shares the same passion for music as the rest of us. We are truly confident that this cooperation will contribute to empower the music of BORKNAGAR even more in the future to come.

Dave Kinkade comments as follows:
"It is an absolute honor to be joining Borknagar. Norwegian black metal has always had a HUGE impact on my personal influences and taste in music. I look forward to making the new record with them and playing songs that I've been listening to for years. As a drummer, I trust that my playing will fit well with Borknagar's style and that I will not be letting any fans down with the final result."

Now, we are all exited to enter studio in late January to start recording the new album!

More news will be launched very soon!

On behalf of BORKNAGAR,

Øystein G. Brun

Official myspace site:
www.myspace.com/borknagar

Awesome!!!! The guy is a great drummer. I saw the Dimmu and Borknagar drum covers and he is truly great!!

I can't wait any longer for the new album!!

Welcome to the band (and hopefully the forum) Dave. Looking forward to seeing what a breath of fresh air will do for the next album.

One question, though. Will Asgeir still be doing the artwork? Because his work fucking rocks.

I'm sure he will. I don't see why he wouldn't. Either that, or the webmaster (who really needs to update their site) will. He helped with the art for Epic with some 3d stuff.

Apparently so.

And they're pretty boring, yeah, but they're really good at it. Er, if you catch my meaning.
edit: I'm stupid, sorry, he actually just joined Arsis as well. He's been in a bunch of bands before though.