Update- studio and new album!

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
BORKNAGAR
UPDATE- STUDIO AND NEW ALBUM

The writing process of the new BORKNAGAR album is now completed. We can assure you that this will be a monumental album in every aspect. It will be epic, grandiose, heavy, groovy and atmospheric, crafted the way only BORKNAGAR is able to.
The new drummer David Kinkade arrives to Norway in a couple of weeks and the band is starting to work in studio the 19th of January. Again the band will record the album at Toproom studio with Børge Finstad as engineer. Mixing location is yet not decided as the band has decided to keep alternatives open. In good tradition the band will produce the album themselves.

A new BORKNAGAR MySpace site is under construction by no other than the visual wizard Marcelo HVC. The site will soon be updated with the very latest news regarding the recording process and the new album. A video diary and other promotional campaigns is also planned to be launched. So keep updated on: www.myspace.com/borknagar

great piace of news!!!! :worship:
sadly no mention about when will it be given to humans!?!

Øystein G. Brun;7943363 said:
BORKNAGAR

The writing process of the new BORKNAGAR album is now completed. We can assure you that this will be a monumental album in every aspect. It will be epic, grandiose, heavy, groovy and atmospheric, crafted the way only BORKNAGAR is able to.
The new drummer David Kinkade arrives to Norway in a couple of weeks and the band is starting to work in studio the 19th of January. Again the band will record the album at Toproom studio with Børge Finstad as engineer. Mixing location is yet not decided as the band has decided to keep alternatives open. In good tradition the band will produce the album themselves.

A new BORKNAGAR MySpace site is under construction by no other than the visual wizard Marcelo HVC. The site will soon be updated with the very latest news regarding the recording process and the new album. A video diary and other promotional campaigns is also planned to be launched. So keep updated on: www.myspace.com/borknagar

Excellent! :headbang:

So, you will leave the Bork web-page pretty much... dead. Pity.

great piace of news!!!! :worship:
sadly no mention about when will it be given to humans!?!

My guess will be around May or June (with some luck).

Øystein G. Brun;7943363 said:
BORKNAGAR

I got chills. And no, it's not somethign I just say I literally got chills reading this. I'm excited.
The new drummer David Kinkade arrives to Norway in a couple of weeks and the band is starting to work in studio the 19th of January.
Can't wait to hear him on CD, I am also excited for that... but I will probably cry tears of joy if you get Simen to do that song :lol:

That is pretty cool, I don't use myspace much but I will certainly keep an eye out! :kickass: The video diary is something which I am really the most excited for :D

Please Oystein, some kind of rough recording with a drum machine. Anything. Anything to hold us over! Metal has been so horrible.

Do this...and for the sake of the members on the board and I, I will shave my long hair like you!

Not really but do it please.

You're right. This band could write Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice and Vintersorg would still make it sound like a Disney cartoon.

You're right. This band could write Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice and Vintersorg would still make it sound like a Disney cartoon.
I think almost everyone here will agree with me when I say shut the fuck up, you're acting like a little kid who lost their candy.

I think almost everyone here will agree with me when I say shut the fuck up, you're acting like a little kid who lost their candy.

:) I thought the same but didn't feel like to say anything other than ":rolleyes:". Let him be the way he is and let's just discuss the good news.

Let's be realistic, this is the worst lineup Borknagar has ever had post Garm.

I'd agree with you, but I think it might be a good idea to wait until we've actually heard the album!

"Dark" is not one of these. I'm worried.
To be honest I don't think any Borknagar album sounds dark. At least not dark as in Ulver's Shadows of the Sun, or Emperor's Nightside.
The only album that comes close to that kind of atmosphere is Quintessence.