NEW ALBUM FINISHED AND EUROPEAN LIVE DATES CONFIRMED

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
BORKNAGAR
PRESS RELEASE JUNE 2009

NEW ALBUM FINISHED AND EUROPEAN LIVE DATES CONFIRMED

The production of the new BORKNAGAR album UNIVERSAL is now finally complete. The album was recorded and mixed at Toproom Studio. In good tradition the album was produced by the band.

“We are extremely satisfied with the result! The album turned out even better than we dared to hope for when starting this journey. There is an attitude, energy and nerve to this record that will appeal to the most primal side of man, yet there is complexity and atmosphere that will challenge the most sophisticated parts of mind. The album contains all the elements that made BORKNAGAR the band we are and we are firmly believe that this album will be a huge piece of candy for those who have followed the band through the years. This is by far the most complete album we have done to date- musically and productionwise- and we are right now just immensely eager to get the album out there!”
- Øystein G. Brun

An official release date and more info will be launched very soon.

Prior to the release of UNIVERSAL, BORKNAGAR will team up with CODE, SOLSTAFIR and SECRETS OF THE MOON for 3 very exclusive shows in Europe to promote the upcoming album.

Date City Venue
24.09.2009 GER Hamburg Markthalle
25.09.2009 NL Leeuwarden Romein
26.09.2009 GER Oberhausen Turbinenhalle

And as previously announced BORKNAGAR will appear on WACKEN OPEN AIR as well, later this year. So beware!

Official myspace site:
www.myspace.com/borknagar

Too bad that no one of the Borknagar members apparently likes touring.
I know their intention is not for money at all, but making money through touring with high-qualitative music would not be condemnable, not even close.

Øystein (or anybody of the band):

Please confirm if those 4 dates are the only shows planned this year (or better, do not ;) ). Thank you so much.
Though I'm afraid that "very exclusive" says enough in this case..

Too bad that no one of the Borknagar members apparently likes touring.
I know their intention is not for money at all, but making money through touring with high-qualitative music would not be condemnable, not even close.

Øystein (or anybody of the band):

Please confirm if those 4 dates are the only shows planned this year (or better, do not ;) ). Thank you so much.
Though I'm afraid that "very exclusive" says enough in this case..

You need to keep in mind that the band members have families, small children and jobs that all need their attention. They are not obliged to satisfy us, and they shouldn't need to feel guilty for not touring.

You need to keep in mind that the band members have families, small children and jobs that all need their attention. They are not obliged to satisfy us, and they shouldn't need to feel guilty for not touring.
you know that I didn't mean it like that ;)

I just don't understand why not varying the locations a little bit.

I mean, if I lived in northern Germany I'd be in .. yeah, in heaven and would be visiting every show I guess. Right now I'd be happy if I make it to one of them.

I can't wait to hear the new album. It's been too long. And I'm crossing my fingers and hoping against all hope that those dates will not be the only ones. I'd really like to see a UK show. Bloodstock Open Air would be good...

Somehow I have to make it to Germany to see my favourite band live. Sounds great!